Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Weber River, Hen-Tag streatch
I don't post fishing reports much, so this won't be focused too much on the fish, but the conditions.  On the 28th of Sept., the water was still high and fast.  I had a lot of time wasted removing drifting moss strands from my nymphs' as well.  No hatches were observed and no fish were caught on dry flies.

Nevertheless, fish were catchable and a few exercised on the end of my fly line.  Several nymphs worked so that is not a problem.

I think what drove me to post tonight is how dirty the river is, mankind dirty, and not from fisherkind.  I observed numerous sun hats in the slow pools and eddies, several water sandals, lots of broken sunglasses (the cheep kind), and more beer cans than I could ever count: The kind of trash the tube drifters leave behind.

I was truly disgusted with the trash left behind by those we permit to share the river with us.  Watch, fisherkind will blamed and we will loose access to river locations, due to trash, trash that drifts miles downriver.

I will do my part, when the water is down, and pick up trash, but I can't go downriver on private closed land to clean it up, and it would take years from what I saw.

It is always bad, but apparently COVID 19 gives idiots the right to trash our resources without regard to the rights of anyone.  If things were not bad enough, what I saw made me sick! Angry
We own a small strech of Weber in the Henefer area and enjoy the leftovers of the floating crews. I am glad they are out enjoying nature, but cant imagine a few minutes to puckup would hurt them much. They should drop the water out soon and get them browns really concentrated. Fall browns are a hoot
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew