Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard Bay trip # 20
Almost got myself skunked.......but not quite. Got on the water at 8:24 a.m. Very light breeze that later dropped off to nothing. 

I changed up my tactics a bit today. Stopped just outside the south marina buoy line, put out baited lines and drifted.....
no takers.

Motored over directly in front of the feed lot tower, anchored in about 8 fow.......no takers.

Went out to my GPS marked area in 14-15 fow. Shut down and drifted. Started getting some light taps, and a few hard hit and runs, but no hook ups. 
About 1215 got one line snagged up pretty good, had to break it off.  Tied on new clip, hung new weight, hooked up new hook leader and put it out with new bait. In about 15 minutes  one Kitty took pity on me and made a good lip hook to chase the skunk out of the boat.  Released with very minor lip damage by new hook. 

And that was all she wrote..........

[Image: 0130-1-Oct-2020-0824-a-m.jpg]  [Image: 0131-1143-a-m.jpg]   [Image: 0132-1235-p-m-CPR.jpg]
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
What the Saying better be lucky than good...prob not what one really wants but when it comes to a skunk or no skunk at the end of a day I'll take luck.... Way to keep steak alive of no skunk. And you got some that played so you weren't totally bored out there.
(10-01-2020, 10:15 PM)Tin-Can Wrote: Almost got myself skunked.......but not quite. Got on the water at 8:24 a.m. Very light breeze that later dropped off to nothing. 

I changed up my tactics a bit today. Stopped just outside the south marina buoy line, put out baited lines and drifted.....
no takers.

Motored over directly in front of the feed lot tower, anchored in about 8 fow.......no takers.

Went out to my GPS marked area in 14-15 fow. Shut down and drifted. Started getting some light taps, and a few hard hit and runs, but no hook ups. 
About 1215 got one line snagged up pretty good, had to break it off.  Tied on new clip, hung new weight, hooked up new hook leader and put it out with new bait. In about 15 minutes  one Kitty took pity on me and made a good lip hook to chase the skunk out of the boat.  Released with very minor lip damage by new hook. 

[Image: 0130-1-Oct-2020-0824-a-m.jpg]  [Image: 0131-1143-a-m.jpg]   [Image: 0132-1235-p-m-CPR.jpg]
Thanks for the report! Did you happen to see what the water temp was?
(10-02-2020, 01:44 AM)fishinfool Wrote:
(10-01-2020, 10:15 PM)Tin-Can Wrote: Almost got myself skunked.......but not quite. Got on the water at 8:24 a.m. Very light breeze that later dropped off to nothing. 

no takers.

Thanks for the report! Did you happen to see what the water temp was?

Water temp in the marina at 8:30 was 63 ish, and when I left about 1:00 p.m. main body of lake was at 66 ish
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool