Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Back on board
Much thanx to Wiperhunter2 for helping me get back aboard the BFT train.  Been awhile.  Enjoyed a good summer doing my usual smallmouth/perch thing at Jordanelle, Echo & Rockport.  Jordy put out the #s of bass, while Echo had the biggest bass, and Rockport ran away with the all-around title providing both great smallie AND jumbo perch action.  The water levels have now dried the ramps at Echo & Rockport, and the water temps have stymied the decent smallies at Jordy.  Hope to contribute info this fall & winter.
Are your smallies caught mostly in the rocks, or drop offs??
(10-02-2020, 03:16 PM)doitall5000 Wrote: Are your smallies caught mostly in the rocks, or drop offs??
During June, July & August it's mainly gently sloping flats, 7-10', with a sprinkling of boulders on them.
During the fall it's deeper descending rocks, 15-25'.
(10-02-2020, 03:03 PM)perchinski Wrote: Much thanx to Wiperhunter2 for helping me get back aboard the BFT train.  Been awhile.  Enjoyed a good summer doing my usual smallmouth/perch thing at Jordanelle, Echo & Rockport.  Jordy put out the #s of bass, while Echo had the biggest bass, and Rockport ran away with the all-around title providing both great smallie AND jumbo perch action.  The water levels have now dried the ramps at Echo & Rockport, and the water temps have stymied the decent smallies at Jordy.  Hope to contribute info this fall & winter.
Glad that it worked for you and good to have you back on board. Are you vertical jigging for the perch you are catching or casting?
Good to see you on the board and hear from you, what is your biggest bass this year??
(10-02-2020, 03:03 PM)perchinski Wrote: Much thanx to Wiperhunter2 for helping me get back aboard the BFT train.  Been awhile.  Enjoyed a good summer doing my usual smallmouth/perch thing at Jordanelle, Echo & Rockport.  Jordy put out the #s of bass, while Echo had the biggest bass, and Rockport ran away with the all-around title providing both great smallie AND jumbo perch action.  The water levels have now dried the ramps at Echo & Rockport, and the water temps have stymied the decent smallies at Jordy.  Hope to contribute info this fall & winter.G
Nice to see you back on board. It was nice meeting you last ice season on Rockport. Hopefully, this next coming ice season will be just as fun catching jumbo perch and smallmouth through the ice. 
Gabe
(10-02-2020, 03:03 PM)perchinski Wrote: Much thanx to Wiperhunter2 for helping me get back aboard the BFT train.  Been awhile.  Enjoyed a good summer doing my usual smallmouth/perch thing at Jordanelle, Echo & Rockport.  Jordy put out the #s of bass, while Echo had the biggest bass, and Rockport ran away with the all-around title providing both great smallie AND jumbo perch action.  The water levels have now dried the ramps at Echo & Rockport, and the water temps have stymied the decent smallies at Jordy.  Hope to contribute info this fall & winter.

Well at least we had a little break while you were in Walter Reed  Big Grin  Looking forward to your reports.
(10-02-2020, 11:35 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:
Glad that it worked for you and good to have you back on board. Are you vertical jigging for the perch you are catching or casting?
Both work when they're around.  However, when I first found 'em and got a bunch I thought I'd come back the next time & vertical fish
with small ice fishing jigs and worms.  Thought I'd absolutely crush 'em.  NOPE.  I found that fishing vertical w/bait generally attracts the smaller ones, while moving thru the school (either drifting or slow troll) with small bass stuff like 3-4" kuttails got the jumbos.

(10-03-2020, 02:33 AM)bassrods Wrote: Good to see you on the board and hear from you, what is your biggest bass this year??
No 20"ers anymore.  Got a 19 in the May pre-spawn.How 'bout you?