Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
sturgeon Video fished Wed and Thusday
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9wBv-rU...618Fishing

The wife and I got up  Wed. at 2 AM started out for Idaho, had about 5 pit stops for her.
Had a lot of fun pulling in Sturgeons long fights.  stopped at about 11:30 went to the Narrows by the dam,
and fished for Crappies I had no Idea how to catch them but before long we were catching them one right after another.
Should have had my downriggers they were in the middle down 20 to 30 feet.   a lot of boats fishing for them I only got one bass.
then started fishing again for sturgeon got some statered back to the boat dock about 5 PM  got there only one boat can load at a time
there was a pontoon boat there as I got close to him  and two cops he told me he had lost his truck in the water I could not see it in the water 
it was way back in front of the boat dock he moved his pontoon to the other side gave me enough room to get my trailer down .
went to are room got up the next day got some more sturgeon   left to go home at 12 noon
the sturgeons we got were 4 feet to just under 8 feet I had to get them tired, because my wife is no help but she wants to turn around and go right back up.  we had trouble with the camera and I ended up deleting a bunch by mistake.
Robert, that video of the bottom is priceless.  It looks like you were right on the edge of the lava rock.  I wanted to be up there during that same time; however, I had medical procedures on Monday, Wednesday and Friday!
I really enjoyed that video. Learned a lot too.
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
Enjoyed the video as always Robert, what kind of camera are you using for those bottom shots? Waterwolf or something different? In Calif there was a slot size we could keep but only 1. Salt water bay fishing is a lot fun as you never knew half the time what you were going to catch until you get out deep sea fishing targeting more specific fish.
[Image: P3100003.jpg]
Harrisville UT
2000 7.3L F250 Superduty  '07 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Raymarine Element 9HV 4 Electric Walker Downriggers Uniden Solara VHF
Nice work.  Liked the video.  Looks like you have become a serious fligger.  I'm guessing those pucker-pusses fight a bit better than Strawberry cutts.

If you get a chance to come over again sometime, I can show you how to cut your foam pads so you can get larger 2" plugs...and with a wider diameter.  It can help to have more floatation with big baits.  I am now making my "Long Kong" fligs...on those same 8/0 hooks but with longer and wider foam bodies. 
[Image: LONG-KONG-FLIGS.jpg]
Pat the bottom two are the good ones, when we were fishing for Kokanee you gave me two with the long body and the shorter body seems to work better    I don't have enough money to fish up there every day to try them all out.
I will come over to your house.

the camera I was using is live 
Aqua-Vu HD10i Pro Underwater Camera  It has a cord that goes to a 10" screen.
it has lights on it and works good down 100 feet at FG.
not sure if a sturgeon will come under the boat to take the bait so have not put a pole by the camera  
but when you catch one and get them close to the boat they love going under the boat and to the other side.
click on this and see the camera I have  
https://www.aquavu.com/HD10i-Pro?quantity=1
Good job Robert. It was great to see the fishing is improving. Thanks for all the video.
(10-04-2020, 03:29 PM)liketrolling Wrote: not sure if a sturgeon will come under the boat to take the bait so have not put a pole by the camera  

Sturgeon will definitely come under the boat and take the bait.  We have caught many "vertically jigging".

the camera I was using is live 
Aqua-Vu HD10i Pro Underwater Camera  It has a cord that goes to a 10" screen.
it has lights on it and works good down 100 feet at FG.
not sure if a sturgeon will come under the boat to take the bait so have not put a pole by the camera  

Are you Jacque Cousteau funded? You need a bigger boat to carry all of the electronics you have. Just saying. On a serious note I think what your doing great, keep it going.  Smile
[Image: P3100003.jpg]
Harrisville UT
2000 7.3L F250 Superduty  '07 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Raymarine Element 9HV 4 Electric Walker Downriggers Uniden Solara VHF
(10-03-2020, 09:26 PM)liketrolling Wrote: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9wBv-rU...618Fishing

The wife and I got up  Wed. at 2 AM started out for Idaho, had about 5 pit stops for her.
Had a lot of fun pulling in Sturgeons long fights.  stopped at about 11:30 went to the Narrows by the dam,
and fished for Crappies I had no Idea how to catch them but before long we were catching them one right after another.
Should have had my downriggers they were in the middle down 20 to 30 feet.   a lot of boats fishing for them I only got one bass.
then started fishing again for sturgeon got some statered back to the boat dock about 5 PM  got there only one boat can load at a time
there was a pontoon boat there as I got close to him  and two cops he told me he had lost his truck in the water I could not see it in the water 
it was way back in front of the boat dock he moved his pontoon to the other side gave me enough room to get my trailer down .
went to are room got up the next day got some more sturgeon   left to go home at 12 noon
the sturgeons we got were 4 feet to just under 8 feet I had to get them tired, because my wife is no help but she wants to turn around and go right back up.  we had trouble with the camera and I ended up deleting a bunch by mistake.

Great job buddy. That was my home lake and river growing up. My family farm is about 25 miles upriver from there. 
Sunrise on the water