Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
State parks pass needed
Good morning BFT’ers. I am looking for help in locating a parks pass, if anyone has information on a place with inventory. 

I have called Willard and the State parks office, neither have inventory and can’t tell me when they’re going to get them. Willard contact was nice enough to tell me they had an issue with the printing company due to reduced staff during this COVID-19 time. He also said it could be a few weeks before the new shipment arrives. The State contact was less than forthcoming and only barely helpful.
I bought mine at the Antelope Island park booth at the entrance to the causeway just over a month ago.  They had quite a few at the time.
Got mine at the fish and game on north temple. That was in the spring tho
When I have bought mine online before you can print out the receipt and use it just like the pass itself until they can get one sent to you.
Live to hunt----- Hunt to live.
Thanks guys, I’ll try to call Antelope again.
Try this link.  

https://utahstateparks.reserveamerica.co...asses.html  

This is where I got mine this year. Took 5 days in the mail, and the purchase receipt after you order can be used as a valid pass until you get yours.
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
Called Antelope island and they are out of stock. Tried to just purchase one online and couldn’t check out because they had no inventory.
[Image: 390-EB8-BF-BA07-4-F56-AA94-2-D3644-DBECF1.jpg]
(10-04-2020, 05:59 PM)JArner Wrote: Called Antelope island and they are out of stock. Tried to just purchase one online and couldn’t check out because they had no inventory.
[Image: 390-EB8-BF-BA07-4-F56-AA94-2-D3644-DBECF1.jpg]
The best thing I can suggest, is to start calling all the State parks in the area, until you find one that has them, it might be a bit of a drive to get to some of them but you could ask if they could mail it to you, just a thought.
I called around and East Canyon says they have them on hand. Heading up today and see for sure. Hopefully the fish are cooperative today as well.
(10-04-2020, 08:16 PM)JArner Wrote: I called around and East Canyon says they have them on hand. Heading up today and see for sure. Hopefully the fish are cooperative today as well.
I'm surprised they are open on Sunday but hopefully you get one there. Good luck fishing.
Parks pass secured, the young lady working the booth was a gem. She seemed genuinely pleased to be providing service with a Smile. Fishing report will be in it’s own thread.
(10-05-2020, 04:07 AM)JArner Wrote: Parks pass secured, the young lady working the booth was a gem. She seemed genuinely pleased to be providing service with a Smile. Fishing report will be in it’s own thread.
Awesome, glad you were able to find a Parks pass.
Called Bear Lake and they had them so ran up to get mine, the head guy said each park got 75 passes last Wednesday if they attended the meeting that day, so might be worth checking local parks.
(10-05-2020, 08:20 PM)2knots Wrote: Called Bear Lake and they had them so ran up to get mine, the head guy said each park got 75 passes last Wednesday if they attended the meeting that day, so might be worth checking local parks.

That is great information, thanks for sharing.
Pretty silly the way they handle "out of inventory" I called when I could not get one online. The nice lady told me they would get them in a week or so, just Keep calling.
I asked why wouldn't they sell them online with a temporary pass you could print until they could mail you one, which is supposed to be soon??? They could be missing sales and the money coming in. She said oh they couldn't handle the demand it is crazy right now!!! I said what about the demand when you finally get them for all for the people that have been waiting, its either demand now or demand later, does not make any sense at all, they will have to mail them when they finally get them so what difference does it make??? Wouldn't it be good to know how many you need so they could plan on how many to print, if you had a number that were sold you could make sure and print them with enough extra !! Instead of having people have to chase around to who has them. They are out and will need a years supply so why not order plenty?? I think they are planning to increase the cost and by maybe having people miss out now, they will get more money later??
I called and was told they had them at Rockport, so I ran up there the other day. No one was in the entrance or the office so I was not able to get one?? I drove around a bit and could not find anyone to help. Typical state run deal, very inefficient !!
My two cents worth rant !!
Mildog out
time spent fishing isn't deducted from ones life