Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lost Creek report
Lost Creek is such a amazing place to visit in the fall. The elk, deer and turkeys are down low in the fields. The colors are amazing. And yes the fish put on the fall feed bag and give you a chance at some great fishing.

We fished LC a couple times over the last two weeks. Our main objective was to catch chubs for catfish and ice fishing bait. Our secondary objective was to try to catch splake off the shore. Both objectives were achieved. Along the way we caught a bunch of rainbows and cuts, too.
Water temp was mid 60s. We fished 4 locations: the normal spots a on both sides of the dam and two spots on either side of the boat ramp.

Our fishing depth from shore was as shallow at 8ft and as deep at 32ft 

Rigs were: pugly perch bugs tipped with worms 18 inched off the bottom. White fligs on a slip rig set to about 12 inches off the bottom. High/low worm rig/powerbait rig: worm on the bottom and PB floating 16 inches above. And, a high/low jig rig tipped with worm. Jigs were white tubes, and a green bug amost others.

We caught the bows an all the above rigs. The cuts were all on fligs and perch bugs. The splake on fligs and highlow jig rigs.

There was surface action - if I would have had my fly rod or a fly and a bubble I am sure that love would have been shown to that method too. We did not toss and steel, but I bet standard jakes, mepps, ext would have gotten attention.

We did harvest a few of these fish for the smoker (no cuts were harvested)

Others were having fun too. We talked to a family on the dam who were having a great time with rainbows with the standard powerbait with a clear bubble setup about 2 ft off the bottom. I watched a guy stalking cuts with a wollybugger and his whippy stick one morning. He cruised the shorelines and cast close to shore and was striping back in - saw him be very successful. I also talked to some boaters who were trolling bling to great success. Seems overall everyone I talked to was having fun.

here is the video

https://youtu.be/gofVlraur1g

[Image: 20200915-172037.jpg]

[Image: 20200911-190533.jpg]
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
Great report Lance.  I enjoyed the video too.  Looks like the fishing is heating up at good old Lost Creek.
Thanks for sharing the video and report, glad to see the fall bite is going strong.
Can you tell me what the road was like? will it bounce my aluminum boat all over the road??
(10-05-2020, 05:50 PM)doitall5000 Wrote: Can you tell me what the road was like?  will it bounce my aluminum boat all over the road??

Road has been paved. Very nice all the way to the dam  ( go through  the town - dont take the little shortcut before Croydon). The ramp was in good shape and plenty of water to launch. I seen some pretty big boats out on it. Do it. Great place to hit in Oct
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew