Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Friday Lincoln beach 10/9
Got to lake and launched Abbott 9:30. Saw that Richard and Violet truck was there but I'm not sure where they fishing. There were 6 other trucks and trailers in the parking lot. We headed towards the orchards and went out a good distance off of shore and pulled up and started drifting with what wind there was. We picked cat number one that I reeled in and out was about 23".  After about 35 minutes the wind was making the boat swirl around in a circle so we decided to see if we could anchor closer to shore.  
We anchored in 7' according to rope I let out then I let out another little bit. The wind dragged is aways off before anchor grabbed. I still haven't bought a new one yet. About 10 minutes went by and one of my rods started tapping and Tyler reeled in thinking it was a white bass. Nope it was a10" channel. Another 5 minutes and Dellon reeled in a rod that was also tapping lightly. He caught a 12" channel. Another 15 minutes passed before my wife got a chance to reel one in. She had a fighter that did not want to come to the boat. But after a short fight she had a 26"er. Oh good the drinks were gone. We had to get kids home to do home school so we left at 12:10. 
Dellon reminded me you can have fun on the water even reeling in a12" fish. He is my special needs son and you would have thought he caught BLK'S 36"er he was so excited over bringing in a fish. It was just fun to see him light up.
As a father of a special needs son I understand what you are saying about the simple joy they see that we often miss. Thanks
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
Justin and CBP, you 2 are super dads. 
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool