Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is "all trout" in fish stocking
Looking at the Utah fish stocking records from time to time a place will say it's stocked with all trout. I would think that doesn't mean all species of trout. For instance Laketown has been stocked with a mix of rainbow and cutthroat for the last 20 years, then one year it says all trout. In 2014 the Provo River was stocked with all trout. The report claims Cove Lake was stocked with all trout in 2016. Of course it says Cove Lake was stocked with Chanel Catfish in 2013 as well, which was probably supposed to be labeled as Cove Pond. Hayden Fork was listed as all trout one year and every other year is only rainbow trout. Other locations listed with all trout include Flaming Gorge, Green River, East Canyon, Deer Creek Reservoir, and Hyrum. Does anyone have any insight on this?
(10-13-2020, 02:29 AM)joshmobile Wrote: Looking at the Utah fish stocking records from time to time a place will say it's stocked with all trout. I would think that doesn't mean all species of trout. For instance Laketown has been stocked with a mix of rainbow and cutthroat for the last 20 years, then one year it says all trout. In 2014 the Provo River was stocked with all trout. The report claims Cove Lake was stocked with all trout in 2016. Of course it says Cove Lake was stocked with Chanel Catfish in 2013 as well, which was probably supposed to be labeled as Cove Pond. Hayden Fork was listed as all trout one year and every other year is only rainbow trout. Other locations listed with all trout include Flaming Gorge, Green River, East Canyon, Deer Creek Reservoir, and Hyrum. Does anyone have any insight on this?

I emailed the DWR about this several years ago and this is what they said:

"Any type of trout. For example brown trout, rainbow trout, etc. For more information call 801-538-4700." 

Not very helpful, no idea why they do it.