Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
More Cats than I can count
I caught more cats than I can count today - course I cant count that high - North Summit High Grad / Weber State Degree - I think that means I can go up to 27 without getting off track...

Anywho - windy and spotty rain this morning when I took off. Was pretty sure most places would be a bust, so I opted to run up really high on the Mallad and take a look at a different place to catch bait than I normally go.

Had a minnow trap, a pole with tiny salmon egg hooks for chubs, and the Wookie (my Dog) along

Walked into the crossing culvert at the new spot and threw out the traps and set up a simple double hook rig with them salmon egg hooks tipped with a bit or worm. And BOOM the cats fest began. I could not keep the kittys off the hook. Caught 27 of them rascals (see above counting for reference to counting ability). 

Now before ya all grab the rods and head out in the morning for the Mallad - ya better check out the photo of one of the "BIG" ones of the day

[Image: 20201014-173622.jpg]

Ya 27 cats between 4-7 inches. (or maybe I caught one cat 27 times, maybe I should have notched a fin to make sure)

Sure messed with my attempts to fill the bait bucket with chubs and suckers. I did manage 3 chubs in a lull with the kittens, and a few smaller chubs in the trap. 

The good news - there are a lot of cats growing in that River - Bad news - it might be a few years before they are ready for the frying pan.

I better check with Forrest and see if this one is in line for the smallest in the contest
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
Sounds fun, I'll have to get on my other device so I can see the pictures... I hate that I can't pull up pix on my computer anymore... Really makes browsing the forum a whole lot less productive... congrats.. J
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
(10-15-2020, 12:17 AM)Cowboypirate Wrote: I caught more cats than I can count today - course I cant count that high - North Summit High Grad / Weber State Degree - I think that means I can go up to 27 without getting off track...

Anywho - windy and spotty rain this morning when I took off. Was pretty sure most places would be a bust, so I opted to run up really high on the Mallad and take a look at a different place to catch bait than I normally go.

Had a minnow trap, a pole with tiny salmon egg hooks for chubs, and the Wookie (my Dog) along

Walked into the crossing culvert at the new spot and threw out the traps and set up a simple double hook rig with them salmon egg hooks tipped with a bit or worm. And BOOM the cats fest began. I could not keep the kittys off the hook. Caught 27 of them rascals (see above counting for reference to counting ability). 

Now before ya all grab the rods and head out in the morning for the Mallad - ya better check out the photo of one of the "BIG" ones of the day

Ya 27 cats between 4-7 inches. (or maybe I caught one cat 27 times, maybe I should have notched a fin to make sure)

Sure messed with my attempts to fill the bait bucket with chubs and suckers. I did manage 3 chubs in a lull with the kittens, and a few smaller chubs in the trap. 

The good news - there are a lot of cats growing in that River - Bad news - it might be a few years before they are ready for the frying pan.

I better check with Forrest and see if this one is in line for the smallest in the contest
   It just might be. Will have look at it on my p c at home so I can enlarge it. 
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
It sounds like a carbon copy of my last trip to the Malad. Cat after cat after cat and nothing big.
You can count to 27, that is pretty good. I can only get to 19 with both hands and my shoes and socks off. Smile
(10-15-2020, 04:53 PM)Tin-Can Wrote:
(10-15-2020, 12:17 AM)Cowboypirate Wrote: I caught more cats than I can count today - course I cant count that high - North Summit High Grad / Weber State Degree - I think that means I can go up to 27 without getting off track...

It just might be. Will have look at it on my p c at home so I can enlarge it. 

CBP -  sent you a PM
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
I love it when you can't keep them off the hook, well most of the time! I think that is the largest bunch of the smallest channel cats I've ever seen. 

Thanks for the report and keep them coming!