Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard Bay trip # 25
I know all these trips to Willard are sounding quite a bit repetitive ......  but it's the kind of repeats I like   Big Grin .
Kept my "No Skunk" streak going. Sure beats the 18 skunks in a row I had a year or so ago.  Cool 

On arrival at 800 a.m. , air temp was a nippy 33 ( the dock had a good coating of frost, mixed with alot of water fowl poop  Confused  )  Water temp at the dock was 58.9, wind was probably pretty close to what was forecast 9-10 mph. Choppy but just shy of white caps. NO BUGS.. yay.  
On departure at about 1230 air temp had zoomed up to a balmy 58 and water temp struggled, but made it up to 62. 

[Image: 0151-16-Oct-2020-0813-a-m.jpg]

Wind was initially out of the north-east so I started my drift north-east of the feed lot about 300 yards out over 14-15 fow. Drifted fairly fast .50 to .69 mph and once I got in 8-9 fow, I powered up and moved back out. 
About the 3rd drift, just as I was getting over about 12 fow the first Cat hit. 

[Image: 0152-0915-a-m-Cat-1-CPR.jpg]

Shortly after that the wind shifted, coming out of almost due west, and calmed quite a bit. So my next several drifts were practically due east parallel to the south dike over 11-13 fow. 
Thats where Cat # 2 and # 3 also came to net.  

[Image: 0153-1006-a-m-Cat-2-CPR.jpg]   [Image: 0154-1052-a-m-Cat-3-CPR.jpg]

Wind continued from the west, but about 1130 it was getting more than just choppy and for me the bite stopped, so headed in.  There were 3 or 4 other fishin boats came in about same time I did. Don't know what their success was. 

Weather forecast for tomorrow is SW winds at 10-15 mph, and partly cloudy, with high of 69.  But think I'm gonna make a trip up to the BRBR. Been a few weeks since I've been up there. 
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
You have Willard dialed in this year. That is a great no skunk steak.
(10-17-2020, 12:32 AM)Mooseman75 Wrote: You have Willard dialed in this year. That is a great no skunk steak.
  The cats have been very obliging  this year, but I think it's  been more good luck than skill. A sure case of better lucky than good. ?
Wish the Wiper had been as accommodating.   I  will probably  not be so lucky today on BRBR.
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool