Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amazing day at Strawberry
Fished the Renegade area of Strawberry yesterday and I caught 5 rainbows (2 on crawdad and 3 on cut bait) and my fishing buddy also caught 1 rainbow!  Before that trip I had caught 616 cutthroat, up there, without a single rainbow.
Nice job!
Last week we caught 4 Rainbows. Yesterday we didn’t catch any.
How did you do fishing for the Cutthroats? We kind of struggled to find and catch the Cutts. Wish that I had seen you up there to say hello.

Brian
Kent do you have a running 2020 cut count from the berry? You have had one heck of a set of runs up there.
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
(10-17-2020, 08:59 PM)BSF Wrote: Nice job!
Last week we caught 4 Rainbows. Yesterday we didn’t catch any.
How did you do fishing for the Cutthroats? We kind of struggled to find and catch the Cutts. Wish that I had seen you up there to say hello.

Brian

We caught over 110 cutthroats, so although it fell short of my best day, it wasn't too bad.

(10-18-2020, 02:06 AM)Cowboypirate Wrote: Kent do you have a running 2020 cut count from the berry? You have had one heck of a set of runs up there.

In 18 trips to Strawberry, during 2020, (includes ice fishing) I have caught 925 trout.  Approximately 10 of them were rainbows.  The slowest day I had was 8, on January 28th, and the best was 128 on August 31st.  It has been a good year.
Nice catch Kent, any size to the bows?
(10-18-2020, 08:05 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: Nice catch Kent, any size to the bows?

No huge ones, and I believe two of of them were this year's planters.  Didn't measure the largest, but it was maybe 20".  All were nice and fat.  On some of the earlier trips some of them went maybe 22 to 24".  When they get that size they are footballs and put up a nice fight.
(10-17-2020, 02:50 PM)kentofnsl Wrote: Fished the Renegade area of Strawberry yesterday and I caught 5 rainbows (2 on crawdad and 3 on cut bait) and my fishing buddy also caught 1 rainbow!  Before that trip I had caught 616 cutthroat, up there, without a single rainbow.
Love your report there Kent!  Wish I were there to catch a few myself.

Coot