Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kids and Cats
My brother in-law (Muffin Man) his wife (Biscuit Babe) and his posse of kids (Granola Girl, and the Trisquit Triplets) came down for a little Willard cattn action Friday morning. 

We were there at almost first light, but still not early enough to see anything but the backend of Pat's float tube as he motored out through the north harbor channel. He must have some dang good socks, 'cause even us landlubbers were hugging the heater until the sun snuck over the ridge. 

Water temps was in the low 50s. The cat bite in the harbor was pretty sluggish until the sun came up and started warming the water. Then the wind picked up and shut it back down, again.

But, despite that the kids were able to get slimy with a few cats and had a great time. Bite was on cut bait (chubs) and chub minnows on Santee rigs. I did not take the fligs along this time but as noted in the other reports of the day - fligs were getting cats out deeper and again in the harbor as it warmed.

We did jig the docks a bit but panfish were otherwise occupied - likely laughing at us.

Here is a short, fun video of kids and cats - this is why I youtube these reports - the Smiles I get to recall over and over

cheers

https://youtu.be/mCgCkpGk-AA

[Image: 20201016-080252.jpg]

[Image: 20201016-094926.jpg]

[Image: 20201016-112345.jpg]
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
Looks like a great time.  Nice!
We did jig the docks a bit but panfish were otherwise occupied - likely laughing at us.

I have jigged those docks too while using my vexilar. I have caught small wiper, crappie, perch, and even a small walleye doing so. It looks like you had a great time.
Gabe
Looks like a great time was had by all. That angler's dock is a nice addition up there.