Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Deer Creek Trip
Took my daughter and a couple of friends out to Deer Creek Saturday AM. It was a chilly 36 when we launched at the State Park ramp (has anyone noticed they increased the launch fee to $20 "due to it being a weekend"? Even with my senior discount it was still $10 - ridiculous. The parks were packed all year to capacity, so where's the need for even more revenue? Guess I will have to look into an annual pass for 2021...

Quite a number of boats on the lake and two wake surfers in dry suits (crazy) and a ton of bank anglers. We tried down toward the dam early and did not get a take-down. Decided to head up toward Charleston Bay and whammo, big Bows came out to play. We tried various lures/rigs including Rapalas and Pop Gear, but caught everything on RMT Dodgers & squids with a worm chunk on it. Color did not seem to matter, as we caught them on all varieties. Most were shallow 10'-17' with the occasional one at 21'-24'. Sizes were 17"-21" & healthy fat fish (sorry, no pics this trip). We lost more due to their acrobatics than we landed! The wind came up fierce about noon, so we decided to call it a day. The big fire in Orem had just started when we passed it, so we made it out before they shut down the canyon. Great Fall trip!

TiteLines
Thanks for the report