Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
4 species day at PV
Wiperslayer and I got up to Pineview again today, started off fishing the Narrows and found stacks of crappie everywhere we fished but they were only 8" Sad . Moved East to the Spring creek, Middle creek area, caught perch in 12 to 9 FOW, then moved deeper and found better numbers but not much over 8" in length, even a mud cat. We had been jigging up to this point, finally started trolling, picking up a bunch of 8 to 9" crappie, then the big fish hit and amazingly it did not cut the line.
[Image: 35-inch-tiger-muskie.jpg]
We kept on trolling finally started to pick up a couple of bigger crappie:
[Image: PV-crappie.jpg]
[Image: 100-3479.jpg]

Was hoping to catch more of these bigger crappie but it wasn't to be, tried to let them go but it was too late, so I just kept them. Was hoping for one more species to make it a 5 for the day but we were happy with the four we caught.
Good job. Thanks for the report.
Ira

Echo big cat

PV big musky

Next?
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
Nice catches guys, I haven't fished PV since the 70's. Not to far of a drive for me but I got turned off of the traffic that hits the lake and the toll charges.  Dodgy
[Image: P3100003.jpg]
Harrisville UT
2000 7.3L F250 Superduty  '07 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Raymarine Element 9HV 4 Electric Walker Downriggers Uniden Solara VHF
(10-20-2020, 01:40 PM)Bduck Wrote: Nice catches guys, I haven't fished PV since the 70's. Not to far of a drive for me but I got turned off of the traffic that hits the lake and the toll charges.  Dodgy
They don't charge this time of the year, the drawback is that they don't have any docks either. No traffic this time of the year either  Cool.
Well done. Have they quit charging for parking for the year?
(10-20-2020, 04:17 PM)kentofnsl Wrote: Well done.  Have they quit charging for parking for the year?
Your answer is right above your post. Forgot to mention the TM was a tagged fish.
(10-20-2020, 04:34 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:
(10-20-2020, 04:17 PM)kentofnsl Wrote: Well done.  Have they quit charging for parking for the year?
Your answer is right above your post. Forgot to mention the TM was a tagged fish.

Looks like we were typing at the same time.
Congrats on the successful day. I've yet to tangle with a TM on PV.
(10-19-2020, 11:37 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: Wiperslayer and I got up to Pineview again today, started off fishing the Narrows and found stacks of crappie everywhere we fished but they were only 8" Sad . Moved East to the Spring creek, Middle creek area, caught perch in 12 to 9 FOW, then moved deeper and found better numbers but not much over 8" in length, even a mud cat. We had been jigging up to this point, finally started trolling, picking up a bunch of 8 to 9" crappie, then the big fish hit and amazingly it did not cut the line.
k
Was hoping to catch more of these bigger crappie but it wasn't to be, tried to let them go but it was too late, so I just kept them. Was hoping for one more species to make it a 5 for the day but we were happy with the four we caught.
good job up there!  I took my grand kids up there Saturday and found some small Crappie and Perch   good time!
(10-20-2020, 05:50 PM)humpy Wrote:
(10-19-2020, 11:37 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: Wiperslayer and I got up to Pineview again today, started off fishing the Narrows and found stacks of crappie everywhere we fished but they were only 8" Sad . Moved East to the Spring creek, Middle creek area, caught perch in 12 to 9 FOW, then moved deeper and found better numbers but not much over 8" in length, even a mud cat. We had been jigging up to this point, finally started trolling, picking up a bunch of 8 to 9" crappie, then the big fish hit and amazingly it did not cut the line.

k
good job up there!  I took my grand kids up there Saturday and found some small Crappie and Perch   good time!
Always good to get the G kids out for some fishing action. Saw you were selling your boat, are you upgrading to a different boat or selling another boat?
Nice, love the mixed bag. Musky is one fish I haven't caught yet and would like to.
(10-23-2020, 01:14 AM)meancuznalfy Wrote: Nice, love the mixed bag. Musky is one fish I haven't caught yet and would like to.

Do they have musky in any lakes in Idaho?
They do have them in some reservoirs, not sure which ones though.

Nice report. I've been hitting up the narrows from the shore a few times a week. I need to get out in my float tube before it gets too cold.