Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What am I missing?
I bought mine on line with no problem, once I figured out the right place to apply for it but I did not care for was the additional fee they charge for the convenience. A $15 one day license ends up costing just over $19 when your done. I don't think they charge that extra $4 when you go to Wally World or am I wrong?
Nope, no extra charge for using your card at the store.
(11-28-2020, 01:35 PM)meancuznalfy Wrote: Nope, no extra charge for using your card at the store.
I did not think so, it is easier that having to stop by a store but we did stop by Walmart the day before and it was closed for Thanksgiving, guess I should have bought it the day before. Oh well, I guess it was no big deal, just annoying.
Sounds like that price went up a bit as well, it used to be just a couple of bucks
(10-22-2020, 01:40 AM)kentofnsl Wrote: I just read that the Idaho license fees are increasing for nonresidents. 

"Most nonresident hunters, anglers and trappers will pay higher prices for licenses, tags and fees starting Dec. 1. Price increases will vary by item, but here are new prices for some of the most popular licenses and tags for adult nonresidents:
  • Nonresident combination hunting/fishing license increase from $240 to $264 
  • Nonresident hunting license increase from $154.75 to $185 
  • Nonresident fishing license increase from $98.25 to $108 
  • Nonresident deer tag increase from $301.75 to $351.75
  • Nonresident elk increase from $416.75 to $651.75
Nonresidents cannot buy 2021 hunting, fishing or trapping licenses until Dec. 1, however, they can buy three-year licenses at current prices, which will be valid through 2022."

So, as I read this I can purchase a three-year license, before Dec. 1st, and of course I would need to pay for three years and it will only be valid for two years!  Under what circumstances does that make sense?  What am I missing?
That is one positive thing that Idaho does, help out with the nonresident DAV fees, Texas is even better. I was a resident of Idaho for 16 years and sure miss living there although I do spend time there hunting and fishing each year.