Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Short Fall Outing
Big Grin 
I spent 1/2 of the day just getting out cruising around yesterday. I went from avoiding the terrible shows my wife likes to watch on daytime TV, DVR recordings, to isolating myself in the garage on a daily basis to a road trip. Me & my little buddy jumped in the truck since it needed exercise after sitting idle for last 2wks. First stop E Canyon, my little buddy enjoyed exploring the shoreline and wading, only 2 boats on the water. Partially buried in the sand just a few feet up from waters current edge I found a cell phone obviously DOA. After 30min of stretching we continued our trip. We sneaked in the backdoor where the cowboy pirate & cookie reside in Henefer. If I knew where they lived I would have given a drive by wave but then I might have been accused of getting worms.  Shy  Instead of driving into Henefer to the frontage road I turned off into a farming community along the base of the mountain leading over the interstate. Once we got back on I-84 I took next exit to Lost Creek, only 2 boats here also. As luck would have it I found another cell phone at launch ramp area but screen was shattered on this one, another DOA. We ventured a little further back and there I noticed this concrete slab which also had a 4-5' long deep concrete trough. I'm curious of what structure this use to be if anyone knows the history here. Here are a few pics I took of it.

[Image: OLYMPUS-DIGITAL-CAMERA.jpg] [Image: OLYMPUS-DIGITAL-CAMERA.jpg] [Image: OLYMPUS-DIGITAL-CAMERA.jpg] [Image: OLYMPUS-DIGITAL-CAMERA.jpg]

[Image: OLYMPUS-DIGITAL-CAMERA.jpg] [Image: OLYMPUS-DIGITAL-CAMERA.jpg] [Image: OLYMPUS-DIGITAL-CAMERA.jpg] [Image: OLYMPUS-DIGITAL-CAMERA.jpg]

[Image: OLYMPUS-DIGITAL-CAMERA.jpg]
[Image: P3100003.jpg]
Harrisville UT
2000 7.3L F250 Superduty  '07 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Raymarine Element 9HV 4 Electric Walker Downriggers Uniden Solara VHF
Those waterlogged cell phones belong to Hunter Biden. They're everywhere! You found two in just one day. Just turn them into a repair shop and don't show up to pick them up. He just wants to be sure his message accidentally gets out, so he couldn't count on just his laptop which was being concealed by the FBI for six months.

Just a guess: Perhaps it is a feed trough and the building was to store the animal feed. But, it travels away from the building slab and has a small fill opening indicating it can flow like water instead of dumping feed into it out of the side of the building, so maybe a water trough? In photograph number one, I think I might be seeing some curvature in the weeds that might be the remains of a water well casing, so maybe this is a pump house for the livestock to water. Perhaps the building had a feed trough made out of wood and only the concrete remains. perhaps BovineOwner will know. Any historians here?

Ronald Smile
If you came down the road from EC into Henefer, about 2 miles before you get into town, there are two ranch houses. The white one on the south side, is our families ranch. My wife and I rebuilt the old ranch house after it being empty for many many years. We lived in it for about 17 years. Then I got transfered to Alabama. My brothers daughter and family lives there now. We just moved back to Henefer this summer and just finished redoing my dads home. It Is an old vintage house on the corner of the park. Fishing friends are always welcome and food is always ready. Just be warned. I trained the Wookie ( my German shepard) well, so come with a Smile, cause he can smell mischief
,Smile You can't miss where we live right now. My wife goes all out on Halloween decorations. Her favorite holiday.

My wife works part time at the Morgan Historical Society. I will show her the photos and see if it is in her records.
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew