Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Henrys Lake
(11-27-2020, 11:47 PM)obifishkenobi Wrote:
(11-27-2020, 11:41 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: Another great day for you two, nice orange flesh trout and great pics. So how did the Henry's dilemma get to Randy?
In Idaho you have to stop fishing when you retain your daily limit, it’s a gamble you don’t want to stop fishing until the bite dies like it did after 10am today then it’s a challenge to fill your limit, the last 2 I caught today where hardest to get. Randy and I released a number of good fish today.
OK, that makes sense, any big ones over three lbs today?
I got 15 today, all on the same rod while watching sonar. I had lots more up to the ice I missed. Shawn has taught me how important that sonar is. I got all mine today on a white foxie jig, tipped with just a small piece of night crawler. If I used more than 3/4 of a inch, I couldn't get a bite. And a shot of mikes trout steelhead sent. Another great trip with Shawn. But I forgot my coveralls and gloves today, and you can see in that one picture that I'm freezing. It was to cold for my phone to work. Shawn, text me those pictures.

No Curtis, only one of Shawns was 3 pounds. We caught some smaller ones today. A couple tiny.
(11-28-2020, 12:23 AM)fast_randy Wrote: I got 15 today, all on the same rod while watching sonar. I had lots more up to the ice I missed. Shawn has taught me how important that sonar is. I got all mine today on a white foxie jig, tipped with just a small piece of night crawler. If I used more than 3/4 of a inch, I couldn't get a bite. And a shot of mikes trout steelhead sent. Another great trip with Shawn. But I forgot my coveralls and gloves today, and you can see in that one picture that I'm freezing. It was to cold for my phone to work. Shawn, text me those pictures.

No Curtis, only one of Shawns was 3 pounds. We caught some smaller ones today. A couple tiny.
I sent the pics. I’m looking Forward to hitting it for probably the last time this season, next Saturday. Then between Christmas and New Years I’ll be up targeting Kokes at Mackay 2 or 3 times.
(11-28-2020, 12:23 AM)fast_randy Wrote: I got 15 today, all on the same rod while watching sonar. I had lots more up to the ice I missed. Shawn has taught me how important that sonar is. I got all mine today on a white foxie jig, tipped with just a small piece of night crawler. If I used more than 3/4 of a inch, I couldn't get a bite. And a shot of mikes trout steelhead sent. Another great trip with Shawn. But I forgot my coveralls and gloves today, and you can see in that one picture that I'm freezing. It was to cold for my phone to work. Shawn, text me those pictures.

After catching that many, there had to be a few smaller ones in there, that lake produces some nice fish.
(11-26-2020, 04:23 PM)obifishkenobi Wrote:
(11-26-2020, 02:50 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: What are you going to do when you run out of those Maniac white with red flake Gitzilla and why do you think they work so well for you?
I’m buying up all of the ones i like that I come across, the Jig heads are what I’m really worried about they have a very good hook with a wide hook gap and sit perfect in the water. I recently emailed the guy who owns maniac and he said he would consider making some more. I have managed to get enough body’s for several more seasons and I’m doing my best not to lose the heads I’ve lost 2 so far this year. I saw another bait company advertising there custom baits on a Facebook page that where very similar.
I have been providing jig heads for the Maniac stuff for several Utah iceholers.  About the best seems to be the "minnow head".  I can make them down to 1/32 oz....up to about 3/8 oz.  And I can use hook sizes from size 8 to 4/0.  Best all around size for the small Maniac plastics is 1/16 oz. on size 6 hooks.

I use Matzuo sickle hooks on most of my jigs.  Super sharp and a nice wide bend for adding some bait without adversely affecting hook sets.  Matzuos are no longer available but I put together a pretty good supply before Matzuo USA went out of business.

Colors?  I have just about every color of paint and glitter available in my arsenal.  Also use the hi-tech strontium alumino silicate glow powder for glow jigs.  They glow brightly for several hours without recharging.

Lemme know if you'd like to try a couple.  And if you want more, I work cheap...and I'm worth it.
[Image: OLYMPUS-DIGITAL-CAMERA.jpg][Image: OLYMPUS-DIGITAL-CAMERA.jpg]