Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Uintas
Is there open water still up there for a little shore fishing?   Thanks in advance.
(10-29-2020, 02:36 AM)flygoddess Wrote: Is there open water still up there for a little shore fishing?   Thanks in advance.

I was there on Friday, hiked Crystal Lake to The Notch. The smaller lakes were capped, the bigger lakes had some harbor ice... and this was 10:00a - 2:00p.

Now it was in the teens here in Sandy Sun & Mon nights, so if it was calm enough up there and presumably close to 0* F even the bigger lakes may have capped.

Dry as a bone up there too. Looked like Trial Lake was about 25% capacity and that branch of the Provo River was a dry gulch.
"We fish for pleasure... I for Mine, you for yours."  -James Leisenring
Hope we get some good snow this year to refill all the lakes back up. It sure got cold fast!
Most lakes I saw today were still open. Some had a thin crusty edge in the shadow of the trees, but nothing that would stop shore fishing. As mentioned, some real small, shady, and protected lakes have iced over. It was sunny, warm and breezy most the day today. I’m sure you’ll still have a few more days of open water
(10-30-2020, 02:01 AM)EyLayo Wrote: Most lakes I saw today were still open. Some had a thin crusty edge in the shadow of the trees, but nothing that would stop shore fishing. As mentioned, some real small, shady,  and protected lakes have iced over. It was sunny, warm and breezy most the day today. I’m sure you’ll still have a few more days of open water
THANK you.