Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another LB adventure
I haven't felt very well for a couple of weeks, so we haven't left the house much.

Yesterday I thought I wouldn't feel any worse if I went fishing. We had originally planned to go to Dear Creek to get a couple of Trout. Then decided to give LB another try for a big Cat before the contest ended.

Because of dragging my BUTT, we didn't get out there til about noon.  The water temp was 43 deg. with a light breeze, warming to one jacket.

We started a slow troll looking for the cats, when we found a pod of White Bass.  We hit the spot lock and started catching at a rate of about 1 per minute. That started about 2:30.  I told Vi we were only going to fish til 4:00, you have 8 minutes left.

I stopped fishing because I was too lazy to put on a new tube, so I started stashing gear.  In the 8 minutes, Vi had caught 7 more.

In an hour and a half, we stopped with 75 chunky White Bass. Vi also caught a large Carp on her light Bass rod, and he went back home.

There were about 3 or 4 other boats out, no water skiers, there were a lot more bank tanglers in the marina area.  We could see a couple of fishers near the first spring, all appeared to be catching, some with a mixed bag.

When we got home the real fun started.  We teamed up to get them filleted, and cleaned. These were all designated eaters.  This morning Vi put them in bottles and pressure cooked them.  We ended up with 24 half pint bottles, with some left for our dinner tonite.

We concede from the cat contest. It is what it is. Congratulations to Lynn, and all those that had a better year than us.

[Image: dav.jpg][Image: sdr.jpg][Image: sdr.jpg][Image: dav.jpg]
Richard, you and Vi look like you have a pretty good assembly, or should I say disassembly line for cleaning all those whities. 
Did you happen to freeze any for the start of Catfish season next year? 

Hope you both have a safe and healthy upcoming winter.  You both did quite well in the Cat contest, and you helped the South team really blast away at most of the categories. 
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
You two did great. But your right this year is what it is. I sure didn't get out much at all and did not put any sort of hutin on them cats. I still haven't sold my old boat yet but when I do I'm going to buy a bow mount trolling motor for my new boat and then hopefully I can join in on the 30" club and get catching some fish. Anchoring hadn't produced for me as of late.
Never tried canned WB. So much still so much left to experience. Thanks for putting the idea in my head
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
(11-02-2020, 10:09 PM)Cowboypirate Wrote: Never tried canned WB. So much still so much left to experience. Thanks for putting the idea in my head

We will be eating some later this evening. We had a couple of jars that didn't seal so hear goes.
I have only canned trout and suckers. They tasted good so why not WB.

(11-01-2020, 01:20 PM)Tin-Can Wrote: Richard, you and Vi look like you have a pretty good assembly, or should I say disassembly line for cleaning all those whities. 
Did you happen to freeze any for the start of Catfish season next year? 

Hope you both have a safe and healthy upcoming winter.  You both did quite well in the Cat contest, and you helped the South team really blast away at most of the categories. 
Forest, Vi is a real asset. She jumps right in and does what ever needs to be done. She can put that boat up on the trailer pretty darn good too.

Nope! didn't put any away for bait. Still have enough to get started next year.

RJ
"Yesterday I thought I wouldn't feel any worse if I went fishing."

That's my plan for after my upcoming surgery.

Hope your health improves soon.