Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard Bay ........... no joy
I got back on to WB at south marina again yesterday about 8:30. Morning was quite nice, air temp at 34, water temp at 48, very light breeze out of the west, shifting to out of north west . At launch I had the whole lake to myself, and stayed that way for several hours. I did notice a couple other boats way out to the west side about 11:00, but none ever came close enough to even create a ripple . 

I did repeated drifts west to east from 14 to 8 fow. Had several good hit, run, and release and saw lots of fish marks on sonar from about 1 ft. off the bottom up to within a ft. of the surface.  Terns were making repeated dive and slurps picking up dead shad on or near the surface. 

It was a very nice fall day on the water. Only thing missing was a fish in the net..... Rolleyes    

[Image: 0171-Trip-32-31-Oct-20-skunked.jpg]

The weather forecast looks like more of the same thru middle of next week, so I might just make another trip or 2. But it won't be long before I stow the boat for the winter.   
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
(11-01-2020, 01:41 PM)Tin-Can Wrote: I got back on to WB at south marina again yesterday about 8:30. Morning was quite nice, air temp at 34, water temp at 48, very light breeze out of the west, shifting to out of north west . At launch I had the whole lake to myself, and stayed that way for several hours. I did notice a couple other boats way out to the west side about 11:00, but none ever came close enough to even create a ripple . 

I did repeated drifts west to east from 14 to 8 fow. Had several good hit, run, and release and saw lots of fish marks on sonar from about 1 ft. off the bottom up to within a ft. of the surface.  Terns were making repeated dive and slurps picking up dead shad on or near the surface. 

It was a very nice fall day on the water. Only thing missing was a fish in the net..... Rolleyes    

[Image: 0171-Trip-32-31-Oct-20-skunked.jpg]

The weather forecast looks like more of the same thru middle of next week, so I might just make another trip or 2. But it won't be long before I stow the boat for the winter.   

Sounds like my recent trip and attempt at E.Canyon..Some days I guess we just gotta appreciate being out there, and having the ability and wherewithal to make the attempt....I know better days are ahead (but when!?!?) maybe the ice...Guluk...
Not many tried as hard as you to get that cat fix. Sure a nice run for ya.
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
Well, Willard is close to me, the fall weather has been quite nice, the crowds are pretty much done for the season, I'm retired and able to do whatever and go wherever, whenever. I go to Willard for that "anything that bites" fish. Just this year the Cats have been quite accommodating.
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool