Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strawberry 11/2 - 11/4
Fished Renegade Monday through Wednesday this week.  Beautiful days to be out on the water for sure.  Monday was a bit slow for us (10 in the boat) but we netted 50 on Tuesday and 40 on Wednesday. Good action first thing in the morning until about 11:20 then real slow until about 1:30 when it picked back up for us. For the most part we were casting white tube jigs tipped with a bit of sucker meat.  We also threw chartreuse with red spot spoons that produced pretty good. We used a fairly fast retrieve in the morning and the fish were close to the surface.  In the afternoon, we had to slow things down however with more of a jigging action as the it seemed the fish were holding deeper.  I had a couple first timers at Strawberry with me this week and they were blown away at the beauty of the reservoir, the quality of fish, and the numbers this time of year.  They will be spoiled for sure.  

As mentioned in another thread, I'm new to the forum and looking forward to associating with you and sharing knowledge.  While I have had the good fortune of fishing and learning from a lot of people over the years, I just bought my first boat at age 50.  It has and hopefully will continue to give me the opportunity to pay it forward a bit.
Good report. I had very similar day last Thursday.
Welcome....no better place to be this time of year! Miss living closer to it!
Welcome to the forum. You will enjoy it. Lots of Berry fishers here that share your love of it.
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
Welcome to BFT and yes fishing Strawberry, particularly this time of year, can be fun. I also fished Renegade area Wednesday, with a fishing buddy. We caught ~130. We caught them vertically jigging, casting and bouncing back to the boat, and also under a bobber (with the jig only down about 5 feet). We fished with tube jigs and tipped with cut bait. Catching was so fast that we had triples once and I had, at least, 5 doubles (I fished with two rods).