Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard Vacation
The weather was too nice for working today so I used some vacation time and went fishing. Backing down the boat ramp I saw, and avoided backing over, a well equipped red tube decorated with tackle. After an introduction and a fishing update Pat handed me some world famous fish catching fligs.
I ran to freeway bay to try and find some wipers but everything seemed to have lockjaw so off to the "cat house" I went. One rod was rigged with Pat's purple perch flig the other with my wonderbread flig, both were tipped with fillet-o-perch. Fifteen minutes later my Penn Fierce 3 live liner reel( new acquisition) started singing, after letting the cat run for a bit I engaged the drag and solid Hook up. The low 20's cat fought well but eventually went into the livewell. Ten minutes later the other rod did the fish dance and the wonderbread/perch team put a 16" kitty in the livewell. After that I had several hit-run-drops on both rigs but no more hook ups.
When the wave boats arrived and the radios started blasting I called it day. Tomorrow is my normal day off so I will be back for round #2.
Every weekend the cats get bigger bellies, they look like scud fed rainbows.[Image: KIMG0037.jpg]

[Image: KIMG0038.jpg]

[url=https://dedupelist.com/][/url]
Good to hear you are still getting out there catching those cats. This time of the year it makes you wonder how they can be so full but still want more of your baits. Sure wish the other fish there were so willing to take a bait or lure, like the eyes and wipers Sad.