Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Doesn't anyone work any more?
As posted a couple of days ago my Bride and I went to the Berry with the help of some BFTers.
Wedge ramp is still in at main ramp.

We went Thurs. figuring not as many people midweek.  I'm not sure what weekends are like, but we were totally surprised by the numbers that were there.  It was thick crowed from Haws all the way to Bryants Fork.

I kind of thought that weekdays ought to be for those of us of a bit older generation.

Anyway off to the report.
It was one of those days that the word FISHING does not fit.  It was more catching than fishing.
Started over by Bryants and crowd got bad enough we had to move.
Went to our secret None Ya Creek.  Only one other boat and they left when we got there.
Catching the same there for about 1 hr then dropped off.
We then headed to Renegade and never looked back.

Funny story.
As I was working on a fish I hear my Bride say "not another one". I turn and she is reeling in a fish.  She releases it and casts out and sits back down with her book.
A couple minutes later I am working on a fish and hear a "dad gummit" behind me.  She has to put down the book and reel in this fish.
She keeps catching (disrupting her book) fish.  After half hr. or so and I don't know how many fish she says "I can't believe all these fish and I quit tipping my jig a long time ago."
About half hr. after that she stows her rod and announces she has "caught enough fish for the day".

I figure she would have really been bothered by trying to keep up with two rods, whereas I thought two rods was just great.
She would put her book down and help me however when I got doubles.
Some problems are better to have than others.

Now you will have a high standard to live up to on future guided fishing trips.
(11-06-2020, 09:24 PM)TubeDude Wrote: Some problems are better to have than others.

Now you will have a high standard to live up to on future guided fishing trips.
It's nice she goes.  With this covid stuff I'd be fishing alone if it weren't for her.
Course with my back stuff she won't let me go alone.  She figures I will hurt myself due to being 3/4 crippled now.
Us younger generations are working smarter now days, working online and when we want...more free time to enjoy life while we're young! I love the flexibility of my job, allows me to enjoy my hobbies during the week as well! Smile
It's great when one's wife/girlfriend likes to join in a day of fishing. I've been wondering the same thing about people working though. I live fairly close to a lake that I can hit any day after work. There seems to always be a crowd regardless of what day it is. Weekends are impossible and I don't even bother to go there on the weekends. Last year I'd have it to myself most weekdays. What a major change from last fall. A little discouraging to those of us that crave solitude.