Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fall Fishing Henry's Lake - Idaho
I know a few of you guys like to fish Henry's Lake in Idaho, Island Park.  

My son made a little video of our last excursion.  

It was lots of fun to get the boys out on the water. 

Here's a video my son made.

https://youtu.be/QAwyNyhJhds
Looks like a good time was had by all.
If the wind behaves, there is no place like Henry's Lake for great fishing.
Man, I love that place...so many great fishing memories back during opening day there!
That lake is on my list of places to fish this next year.
Always a good time at Henry's when the wind cooperates. Fished a few days in Mid October and it was a little hit and miss. First evening was almost non stop action. Next day not so much, after a windy morning.

Looked like you must have been trolling with a fly/leach behind a dodger.

Another few weeks and Henry's will be icing up.
On a side note, I heard that Henrys had Iced up a couple weeks ago, but then broke up with the warmer weather. Temps are probably to the point it will ice up very soon, if not already.
I will keep a watch on it and let you know. I was up there in October.
[Image: 20201027-095824.jpg]

[Image: 20201027-094416.jpg]

[Image: 20201027-092335.jpg]
Rumor is 5" and it is being fished.... J
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
I was up there last weekend but, given the reports that people had started to ice fish Henry's, I didn't tow the boat up.  We drove to West Yellowstone on Saturday (it was a ghost town) and it looked like the lake was open.  I was bummed.  

Glad you and your boys had a good trip.
I went up today. I got a late start and didn't make it there by Staley springs until 11 or so. There was only 2 inches where I like to fish. But I seen two guys on the ice further down. And they had 3 inches of ice. But only 3 feet of water. But I fished there. There were some other fishermen further past us. But you could see they were right by the bank. Nobody dared go to far out. The two guys I talked to were catching a few on pink jigs. They said they tried to set their ice tent out on the ice further out, but the ice sunk on them. I got a bite, right of the bat, but missed it. Then later my jawjacker hooked a nice one but I lost it. A couple more bites and that was it. The wind picked up and it got cold. The weather is going to be bad Friday night and Saturday. I think I will try again on Tuesday.
Thanks Randy, Nice to have an actual report... Doesn't sound like I want to make the drive quite yet... but with the colder weather it probably won't take too much longer to get a safe sheet on there. Thanks for the reports and I'll be looking forward to next week... Later Jeff
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
I had heard it was capped in Late October, but warm weather broke that up.

Any one fish in the outlet at all during ice fishing?
(11-16-2020, 12:44 AM)ratnest Wrote: I had heard it was capped in Late October, but warm weather broke that up.

Any one fish in the outlet at all during ice fishing?

I have always wanted to give it a try and People do fish the outlet. From what I hear the main issue is getting a vehicle close to it. I have heard of one but when the snow gets deeper it becomes a blocked. Access by foot, wheelers and sleds is doable when it gets safe enough.