Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New to the forum
Just thought I'd say hello and introduce myself. I live in Southern Utah and love to fish. Although I was born and raised in Utah up until I graduated from college I went on to live in Montana for most of my adult life. I only moved back to Utah a little over a year ago. So far the fishing has been quite good. Maybe not as much solitude as I had in Montana, but Utah makes up for it with more variety of trout to catch. I'll post a few pics of the fish I've caught since moving back. I love to share tips and techniques. The only thing I won't share is the "where" I catch fish so please be cool and don't ask.

Colorado Cutthroat
[Image: Troy-Adams-6-1-20-B.jpg]

Nice brownie from a couple weeks ago.
[Image: Troy-Adams-10-24-20-A.jpg]

Tiger trout. Which are quickly becoming one of my favorite trout to catch.
[Image: Troy-Adams-4-23-2020-A.jpg]
Welcome to the fourm. Its good to get a new face to add to our group and I know I spesk for many, that we are sure looking forward to your input and stories.
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
Nice looking fish and welcome to BFT.
(11-09-2020, 08:16 PM)Cowboypirate Wrote: Welcome to the fourm. Its good to get a new face to add to our group and I know I spesk for many, that we are sure looking forward to your input and stories.
Hey Cowboy, I follow you and your wife on YouTube. Love the videos man!

(11-09-2020, 08:31 PM)kentofnsl Wrote: Nice looking fish and welcome to BFT.
Thank you!
Welcome to the forum Big Sky.

Those are some beautiful fish.  Now I know why they call that part of the state "Color Country". Smile
Welcome aboard.
Very nice fish.
Where did you catch them?  Just kiding! Thanks for sharing.

rj
Beautiful pictures, welcome to the group. Looking forward to many more.
Wow, those are some awesome looking fish. The colors are fantastic. Welcome to the forum.
Well hello Troy!
Welcome to the site Big Sky. Looking forward to your future posts. What's your favorite way to fish - shore? boat? bait? troll or fly fishing? We have all kinds of fisher people here who will get you all dialed in so you won't miss Montana so much, except for solitude of course.
(11-12-2020, 03:09 PM)jjannie Wrote: Welcome to the site Big Sky. Looking forward to your future posts. What's your favorite way to fish - shore? boat? bait? troll or fly fishing? We have all kinds of fisher people here who will get you all dialed in so you won't miss Montana so much, except for solitude of course.

Thank you for the welcome. I mostly fish from the shore. I do have tiny 10 foot boat with an electric motor and a Watermaster kick boat, but I don't use them all that often. I mostly use marabou jigs with my spincast or fly fish. However if bait is what is working best I've been known to drown a worm occasionally. I'll pretty much use whatever method is working except for Powerbait or anything like it. I'm not anti-powerbait. I just can't stand the smell or getting it on my fingers. I just don't personally care for it, but I don't have anything against anyone that wants to use it, as long as it's legal. Several of the waters I fish a lot are artificial only so bait really isn't a factor on them. Bottom line from tiny bluegills to giant ocean going fish, as long as I'm fishing, I'm happy.  Big Grin
[Image: Troy-Adams-11-22-19-A.jpg]
A man after my own heart, a jig fisher.  I also love the marabou.  Welcome to the site!
Welcome to the forum.  I'm fairly new to the forum too.  I grew up hunting and fishing in Whitehall Montana.  Been in Utah since the late 80's however.  

Those are some great fish.  Congrats.
(11-12-2020, 04:46 PM)Jig-fisher Wrote: A man after my own heart, a jig fisher.  I also love the marabou.  Welcome to the site!
Anyone that goes by jig-fisher I'm sure I could learn something from.  Big Grin

(11-12-2020, 05:16 PM)Fishtracker Wrote: Welcome to the forum.  I'm fairly new to the forum too.  I grew up hunting and fishing in Whitehall Montana.  Been in Utah since the late 80's however.  

Those are some great fish.  Congrats.

Whitehall is beautiful country. Sounds you have been away quite a long time though. Just for the record Montana and Whitehall are still beautiful.
Those are some beautiful fish, welcome aboard! Not sure if you've fished ice off on the place you caught that rainbow but if you haven't, you're in for a very pleasant surprise this spring!
(11-12-2020, 06:05 PM)Saltslam Wrote: Those are some beautiful fish, welcome aboard! Not sure if you've fished ice off on the place you caught that rainbow but if you haven't, you're in for a very pleasant surprise this spring!
Oh I have and it was fun!