Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scouting for ice
Ran up to Tony Grove to see if the ice was ok around 1pm today, 19 degrees and 6-8”s of snow around the lake. Tried to get out on the lake and it was all slush with the last snow. Depending on what comes from the next storm access by vehicle could be out if there’s not a lot of traffic
[Image: 263-D12-D4-654-A-456-A-A9-F6-CB78-F205-F8-B8.jpg]

[Image: B7-EDD5-C7-F5-B1-4-C1-F-98-BE-C8-B3-D327-E1-F5.jpg]

[Image: 03-D7-F2-E6-8-D7-C-472-B-94-EB-F81-C175900-FD.jpg]

[Image: 1-AF2-E77-B-E44-D-4-A70-B954-FC22601-DE78-B.jpg]
Thanks Alan for checking that out.  I was watching the temperature readings and was thinking it had been cold long enough I was thinking it was time to check it out... Forgot the snow factor and insulation and slush effect... Dang it, we may not get a Tony early trip this year... If this storm comes in as big as they are predicting, it will likely add more insulation and slush and probably make it not worth the attempt... Did you happen to punch a hole through the ice and see how thick it was under the slush?  Thanks Jeff
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
(11-13-2020, 01:30 PM)SkunkedAgain Wrote: Thanks Alan for checking that out.  I was watching the temperature readings and was thinking it had been cold long enough I was thinking it was time to check it out... Forgot the snow factor and insulation and slush effect... Dang it, we may not get a Tony early trip this year... If this storm comes in as big as they are predicting, it will likely add more insulation and slush and probably make it not worth the attempt... Did you happen to punch a hole through the ice and see how thick it was under the slush?  Thanks Jeff
I couldn’t venture out far as I was going through on the edges and it didn’t sound like I was breaking much ice and the surface in front of me looked to be the same as where I was at, needed a plank or ladder probably. The dog wouldn’t go on it after a few steps lol