Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Millsite - As low as I have ever seen it
A buddy and I fished Millsite today from 9:30 until 2:30 in our tubes.  We launched near the middle of the reservoir and with the water level as low as it is there is nothing but mud along the shoreline.  You have to keep moving when you launch or could lose a fin to the goop.  Sad

We used fly tackle with both medium and fast sinking lines and size 6 & 8 bead head leech patterns in olive, black, and brown.  We tried a bunch of other patterns and colors but the leeches were the best producers.  We picked up three rainbows and the rest were cutthroats.  All of the fish were between 12" - 18" long.

The water temperature was 41-42 degrees and the visibility in the water of about 4'.  The reservoir level is at 19% full and stable.  The work on the dam is ongoing and that is the reason for the extremely low level.  You can see in one of the photos the additional height that was added to the dam during the project.  Another photo shows the it will be awhile before anyone will be launching a boat. Big Grin

The weather was gorgeous although a bit chilly with 20's and 30's and very little wind.  I guess we need to understand that it is almost the middle of November.

Attached Files Image(s)

Nice pic's 

Is the Damn repair done yet? Will it actually fill up next year?
(11-17-2020, 04:19 PM)WingNutt Wrote: Nice pic's 

Is the Damn repair done yet? Will it actually fill up next year?
Thanks.

The repair is close to completion so they should be able to fill it next year, providing we get a decent winter snowpack.
Nice fat bow, it doesn't look like the fish are doing too bad with the low water conditions. Any idea what the depth is in the lake right now? How much additional height did they add to the dam?
(11-18-2020, 12:00 AM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: Nice fat bow, it doesn't look like the fish are doing too bad with the low water conditions. Any idea what the depth is in the lake right now? How much additional height did they add to the dam?

All the fish we caught were in good shape.  As far as the water level, I fished over water 22' deep and my buddy went over closer to the dam than I did and he said he saw 30'.  They have shut off the water coming out so the level is coming up now.

They added 4' to the top of the dam.  It will raise the water level enough that they had to make modifications to the State Park  campground and a couple of holes on the golf course.