Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
East Canyon Report
Cookie seen a notice in the paper that the tagged rainbow contest was going at East Canyon and wanted to run over and give it a try. Had a few minutes Friday morning and the storm was still out a ways so we drove over past the ranch and dropped in to the east shore about mid lake. Found a nice transition from deep to shallow with a point to funnel them a bit and preceded to offer up some morsels for consideration.

Action was pretty good for rainbows. We picked up 6 in about 2 hrs. Kept a few for the smoker. Decent size. No tags - no prizes

Found them from 9 ft to 17 ft in rocky to sandy bottom transition over the point.

Cookie harassed them with green and pink powerbait. I caught mine dragging  cream colored pugly prech bugs tipped with a worm. I threw a couple jigs and some silver and gold bling at them, with only a couple half hearted swipes to note for the effort.

Really nice couple hrs, but the wind started to pick up and and we had what we wanted for the smoker, so we left the rest for all ya

Had fun in our normal fashion on video - here is the link

https://youtu.be/lEDV8Zj5D7o

[Image: 20201113-110858.jpg]

[Image: 20201113-112151.jpg]

bbcode image
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
Thanks for sharing. Fun video.
That water looked cold but it didn't seem to bother the dog. Nice vid.
No wind at east canyon!  that's a rarity...

Thanks for the report
Water level looks kinda low.  Makes a long walk up or down the boat ramp.  
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool