Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I was headed to Cabela's
This morning for their Monday Only sale on a Humminbird fish finder, when at almost the last minute, I thought to check the web for any unadvertised special they might have. That's when I discovered that those finders are OUT OF STOCK at the Farmington store. I would have made a pre-dawn drive through I-15 construction for nothing.

Instead, I had to order it to be delivered to the store. So I'll still be going there and I'll still get the $300 off sale price.

If you were considering buying that same unit, you can do so all day today - online.

(It's a discontinued G2 unit, but the new G3 one only varies by the built-in base map of the GPS as far as I can tell.)
(11-23-2020, 01:01 PM)RockyRaab2 Wrote: This morning for their Monday Only sale on a Humminbird fish finder, when at almost the last minute, I thought to check the web for any unadvertised special they might have. That's when I discovered that those finders are OUT OF STOCK at the Farmington store. I would have made a pre-dawn drive through I-15 construction for nothing.

Instead, I had to order it to be delivered to the store. So I'll still be going there and I'll still get the $300 off sale price.

If you were considering buying that same unit, you can do so all day today - online.

(It's a discontinued G2 unit, but the new G3 one only varies by the built-in base map of the GPS as far as I can tell.)

Is this the Helix 7 they have listed for $499?
Rocky,
Hey I read the description and it didn't mention side imaging at all and I thought the SI in the name meant side imaging... plus it didn't say anything about the mega features so I couldn't decide what exactly this finder was... But I was very ready to pull the trigger on it myself those Helix are great units.. Thanks for passing on how to get one and good luck with the new finder I'll bet you love that one... Congrats... Jeff
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
Yes, I'm talking about the H'Bird Helix 7 for $499.

On the H'Bird website, that unit's description includes CHIRP sonar, down imaging, side imaging, and GPS with a base map of 10,000 lakes plus their "map your own" feature" that records contours on lakes they don't cover (like Willard, Hyrum, Mantua...)