Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Moab recommendations
Headed out towards Moab this weekend. Wanted to bring a rod along with me just in case I get a chance to break away. 
Any recommendation/tips for cats on the green, or Kens lake? With the low temps, cats on the green are probably not likely, but would still be good to give it a shot.
Thanks
The Green River is up by Green River. The Colorado river runs past Moab though. Hard to miss. Cats in it too. Smile Good luck
(11-24-2020, 02:43 PM)Bovineowner Wrote: The Green River is up by Green River. The Colorado river runs past Moab though. Hard to miss. Cats in it too. Smile Good luck

Oops! Geography never was my strong suite. Thanks for the correction. Any advice for fishing the Colorado would be welcome (tips for the green are still welcome, who knows, maybe one day I will get a chance to fish it)
I will hopefully be able to try for some cats in the Colorado near Moab!
Ken's Lake appears to be easy to access. And the state catch-and-release record channel cat was caught there a few years ago. For the Colorado, try to see if you can get in touch with one of the many rafting companies. They might not be able to tell where to catch fish but they could tell you where it is safe to access the river. Good luck and let us know how you do.
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.