Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BL - Bonneville White Fish activity?
Hi Folks - I have read from TD's writeups that Bonneville White Fish are active in the mornings near shore during the spawn. I am wondering if they are also active before sundown as well. From what little I have gathered, they are active in the AM before 11, then bite slows way down. I am guessing afternoons are slow. I have no idea about pre-sunset. I am new to this fishing. Thanks in advance for the info.
Most of us who make the run "over the hill" for whitefish usually prefer mornings...for two reasons.  First, the fish are active then and slow down later.  Second, the winds are the calmest they will be all day.  Many days the Bear Lake "Zephyrs" start stirring by midday and by later in the day they are piling waves up on the east shoreline.  Not fun if you are wading.

But I know there are several of the local resident anglers who DO fish later with good results.  If you are there and have the time, make some casts.  You will catch more than if you stay inside.  Warmer in the afternoons too.  And if the breezes are mild there ain't no probby.
"Most of us who make the run "over the hill" for whitefish usually prefer mornings..."

(SIGH). Most of US (who work in healthcare) who seem to be on call overnight before every day off we have.... wish those darn fish would learn to start biting at 10 a.m., and that the bite would turn on in the wind. Smile
(11-30-2020, 02:56 PM)Springbuck1 Wrote: "Most of us who make the run "over the hill" for whitefish usually prefer mornings..."

(SIGH). Most of US (who work in healthcare) who seem to be on call overnight before every day off we have.... wish those darn fish would learn to start biting at 10 a.m., and that the bite would turn on in the wind.  Smile

For those of us who do not work in health care but are frequent flyers at your door step - we thank you. I will have a talk to them fish and see if they will stay out longer
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew