Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Weber River Browns
Cookie asked "you ever going to post that video of our annual Family, Weber River, Fall, Brown Trout run?" 

me oh ya - kinda forgot that one, let me work on it - translated into "you did not let me fish much so all the video catches are you"

As for a report - hey its fall (late fall now) and the browns are on the bite in all our local rivers. Great time to chase them. Just treat them gently and be careful about wading into the spawning areas. Cookie's rig is always a drifting worm. She is so good at detecting the bite that I bet she is well above 90% lip hooks, so we can almost always get a good release and for that rare deeper hook - well the smoker get a little work out. This time no work out for the smoker but a number of catches. I chase them with my whippy stick and sow bugs on a dropper rig with an attractor above, normally a pheasant tail or trout candy gets the start but I have a number of dropper rigs pre-tied with different combos that see action.

If you only watch the 1st minute of the video, you got the best part - Cookies battle with fence crossings. Ah good times.

cheers

https://youtu.be/8-m_5Yi7aUM
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
Wow, the river is really low. Another great video Lance. I guess all the fish caught were browns?
Looks like a fun time.
Enjoyable video.