Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chesterfield
I hit the ice at Chesterfield at 7:30 today. 3 1/2 inches of ice. A guy told me they were biting worms in 7 feet of water. Most people were fishing just off the bank. But I had poles from 7 foot to 16 feet, and all were hitting. And just as I got the 4 pounder, two guys were walking by me. They asked if they could set up just past me, and did. They were probably just over 20 feet of water. They immediately started getting them also. They broke a big one off with 6 pound test. It seemed that just about anything tipped with worm was working. They were full of snails and one of mine had a 2 1/2" minnow in it. [Image: 20201129-093158.jpg][Image: 20201129-090719.jpg]

[/url][url=https://imgbb.com/]upload images
(11-29-2020, 07:11 PM)fast_randy Wrote: I hit the ice at Chesterfield at 7:30 today. 3 1/2 inches of ice. A guy told me they were biting worms in 7 feet of water. Most people were fishing just off the bank. But I had poles from 7 foot to 16 feet, and all were hitting. And just as I got the 4 pounder, two guys were walking by me. They asked if they could set up just past me, and did. They were probably just over 20 feet of water. They immediately started getting them also. They broke a big one off with 6 pound test. It seemed that just about anything tipped with worm was working. They were full of snails and one of mine had a 2 1/2" minnow in it. [Image: 20201129-093158.jpg][Image: 20201129-090719.jpg]

[/url][url=https://imgbb.com/]upload images
Nice work Randy, was dead stick of jigging the ticket today?
I got my biggest on a dead stick. It hit that white pink maniac paddle that you gave me. And two on my jiigging jawjackers. But I got three by watching my sonar.
The guys fishing by me had Snowdogs but didn't dare use them. Nor did they need them. I got the last one on my jigging jawjacker, and it was bleeding so I quit. I only fished for two hours and I was home by 11:00 to watch football.

My white Foxie jig was working good again. It sucks that we can't get your White and pink maniac bugs, and they don't make Foxie jigs anymore either.

The back road from Blackfoot was in great shape with only a mile or two of slick roads as you climb on top.
What's your white foxy jig look like?
Foxee Jigs are a grub type body with two little finns, one on each side at the bottom with marabue hair. But the hair comes off on the first fish, and they work fine without.
Chesterfield sure puts out some football bows, glad to see the ice is thick enough to fish already, thanks for the report Randy.
Man everything is starting to open up with great fishing all over at the same time... and I'm at work... This must be what hell is like.... wanting to be somewhere else and can't do it.... Soon though... can't wait to get on the ice... Thanks for a great report... Which ones are the Maniac's that work? I've got some white with red flake in them, is that the one? Later Jeff
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
(11-30-2020, 02:40 PM)SkunkedAgain Wrote: Man everything is starting to open up with great fishing all over at the same time... and I'm at work... This must be what hell is like.... wanting to be somewhere else and can't do it....  Soon though... can't wait to get on the ice... Thanks for a great report... Which ones are the Maniac's that work?  I've got some white with red flake in them, is that the one?  Later Jeff

Attached Files Image(s)

(11-30-2020, 04:32 PM)obifishkenobi Wrote:
(11-30-2020, 02:40 PM)SkunkedAgain Wrote: Man everything is starting to open up with great fishing all over at the same time... and I'm at work... This must be what hell is like.... wanting to be somewhere else and can't do it....  Soon though... can't wait to get on the ice... Thanks for a great report... Which ones are the Maniac's that work?  I've got some white with red flake in them, is that the one?  Later Jeff
Thank you.... Do you think the Cut'r bug in the same color will work?  I've got some of those... I may have to try... Thanks Jeff
(12-02-2020, 06:01 PM)SkunkedAgain Wrote:
(11-30-2020, 04:32 PM)obifishkenobi Wrote:
Thank you.... Do you think the Cut'r bug in the same color will work?  I've got some of those... I may have to try... Thanks Jeff
I have some of those cutter bugs as well, I haven't tried them and suspect I will once I run out of Gitzilla's but they are a similar size and shape I don't see why not, let me know how they do.
Jeff, over on the Utah premium board there's a Henry's report saying the white with red flake Maniac Cut'r bug was there go to up there.
I got my biggest, 4 pounds at Henry's on the white with red cutter bug tipped with worm and have caught some on it at Chesterfield.
I hit Chesterfield again today at 7:00. There were two guys from Brigham right in my spot. They had been there an hour and didn't have a bite. I asked them if they were using scent, and they put smelly jelly and started catching them. They were great guys. We got several at two pounds but nothing bigger. Orange is the best color, tipped with worm, carp, or meal worm.
I left at 11:00 and drove to Hawkins to check the ice. See my Hawkins report.
[Image: 20201202-114001.jpg]

[Image: 20201202-081409.jpg]
(12-02-2020, 09:37 PM)obifishkenobi Wrote: Jeff, over on the Utah premium board there's a Henry's report saying the white with red flake Maniac Cut'r bug was there go to up there.
Sounds good, kind of funny that this color is working so well this year, it hasn't caught much for me in years past, but I'm not going to argue with the fish on what I think they should be eating... If I tried I'd be sitting there not catching anything... I think I do that too much of the time...  Thanks so much for the help... Jeff

(12-03-2020, 12:11 AM)fast_randy Wrote: I got my biggest,  4 pounds at Henry's on the white with red cutter bug tipped with worm and have caught some on it at Chesterfield.
I hit Chesterfield again today at 7:00. There were two guys from Brigham right in my spot. They had been there an hour and didn't have a bite. I asked them if they were using scent, and they put smelly jelly and started catching them. They were great guys. We got several at two pounds but nothing bigger. Orange is the best color, tipped with worm, carp, or meal worm.
I left at 11:00 and drove to Hawkins to check the ice. See my Hawkins report.
[Image: 20201202-114001.jpg]

[Image: 20201202-081409.jpg]
Thanks for a great report Randy, was looking forward to it... glad you got into some nice fish... Later Jeff
Jeff, I too find it strange that that color was working so well. My normal chartreuse paddle bugs or tubes have not had a bite this year. But Obifishcanobi uses that color almost exclusively with the gizilla and catches trout and kokes with them. I can't wait for the time that he runs out of them. Lol.
Ouch, looks like we need to check the black market for some Gizillas. Later J
As Randy says I have fished that color almost exclusively the last three 3 years, I really don't know if it just that awesome or that I catch fish on it because that's what I use. When I do eventually exhaust the available supply this year or next, I will be forced to try the wide array of colors I have and will probably find my next favorite and fish with it until it is gone. There is a guy pouring a very similar bait in that white with red flake color on one of the face book groups I'm in, I should probably order some from him and see how they do.
How thick was the Ice? Would it be thick enough for a wheeler yet?
(12-04-2020, 06:43 PM)obifishkenobi Wrote: As Randy says I have fished that color almost exclusively the last three 3 years, I really don't know if it just that awesome or that I catch fish on it because that's what I use. When I do eventually exhaust the available supply this year or next, I will be forced to try the wide array of colors I have and will probably find my next favorite and fish with it until it is gone. There is a guy pouring a very similar bait in that white with red flake color on one of the face book groups I'm in, I should probably order some from him and see how they do.
It's probably a little of both, an awesome color you found to use all the time. I use chartreuse alot because I catch alot of my fish on that color.