Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pre freeze Kokanee on Strawberry
Now that we are able to catch and keep Kokanee on Strawberry, what’s the best way to target them this time of year? Same as spring time? I bet it would be about impossible to keep the Cuts off your tackle this time of year...
looking at the [b]JORDANELLE WEBCAMS snow. not sure I want to go.[/b]
[b]If you have a good fishfinder and can find them, that is the main part. and go from there.[/b]
I’ll be there Saturday fishing Cuts, but I’m going to drop a Koke line in and see what happens.
(12-02-2020, 05:34 AM)liketrolling Wrote: looking at the [b]JORDANELLE WEBCAMS snow. not sure I want to go.[/b]
[b]If you have a good fishfinder and can find them, that is the main part. and go from there.[/b]

Keep watching those cameras. It was snowing when I went past Jordanelle on my way home Monday night and what snow did stick has been melting.

By the weekend the temps are supposed to be pushing 50 and without the inversion it could make for a pleasant day of fishing.
Live to hunt----- Hunt to live.
Me I would set up every thing  for kokanee you can catch enough cuts to keep you happy maybe not  100.
kokes will take a little piece of worm.   dodgers and beads and a spinner   some green.

they can be any were deep are on top    there is some kokes  in renegade (north side) and by haws point that was last year.
I would look deep for them.
Fishing was much slower then last week. Only caught 15 fish, 2 were rainbows. Put the Koke gear out for a little bit with no luck. There were thin sheets of ice all though strawberry bay out to Haws point, made trolling tough. The water temp on the surface was 36.5 degrees. I dropped my fish hawk to the bottom and the it’s 38 degrees all the way through. I bet she’ll start locking up soon. Some die hard ice fisherman were on ice in mud creek! We moved to the north end and caught most of our fish there. Weather was beautiful with no wind all day.