Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
deer creek fun time today.
I would have liked to go to strawberry after kokanee.  but getting to old to jump in and out of the boat with no dock.

so at deer creek was 10 deg when I got there not to bad.

not sure how many rainbows I got but got 7 are 8 doubles biggest one was 22" most were big but did get 7 that were 10" to 12"
I was in 50 feet of water most of the time, downriggers down 17 feet was best but did get 2 down 24 feet.

I see on the finder a lot of fish down 30 and 40 feet but they would not bite.
used a lot of green stuff all home made.  trolling 1.5 and 1.7 mph
on the live scope fishfinder I would see fish that were in the top 10 feet of water when the boat would get close to them they would dive.
Thanks for the report, ready to head up there soon.
Nice report. Sounds fun!
(12-05-2020, 12:36 AM)liketrolling Wrote: I would have liked to go to strawberry after kokanee.  but getting to old to jump in and out of the boat with no dock.

not sure how many rainbows I got but got 7 are 8 doubles biggest one was 22" most were big but did get 7 that were 10" to 12"
I was in 50 feet of water most of the time, downriggers down 17 feet was best but did get 2 down 24 feet.

on the live scope fishfinder I would see fish that were in the top 10 feet of water when the boat would get close to them they would dive.
Awesome times! I wonder if it will stay ice free for 2 more weeks. I would love to get up there!
Deer Creek usually doesn't freeze until mid January on most years. I only seen it freeze by Christmas a few times in my life.
Live to hunt----- Hunt to live.

I found this comment to be very interesting. I always thought that the fish moved off to the sides of the boat. On the live scope you can see that they dive?
If this is the case it will change up some of my fishing techniques.

We fished there yesterday but we were the opposite of you. Most of our fish were small with a few larger fish.
We also saw fish deeper and tried for them hoping for larger fish but could get no love.
Ran our riggers 10 foot to 15 foot down.
{We fished there yesterday but we were the opposite of you. Most of our fish were small with a few larger fish.]

A boat went by me (that was all over the place)  said one spot they went to they could not keep the small ones off.
they may have been 6 are 7 boats on the water.  he was the only one that ever got close to me.,  
I have my live scope looking 55' in front of the boat, I would think they come back up.  and I have seen them go all over the place. 
I put a camera down to see what the fish were down deep but it did not record 
(12-05-2020, 12:36 AM)liketrolling Wrote: I would have liked to go to strawberry after kokanee.  but getting to old to jump in and out of the boat with no dock.

Another great trip, with some really good trout Robert, It's too bad they don't have kokes in DC.