Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AAAARRRRGGGGHH I'm so frustrated!
So I'm trying to change my signature. I deleted the text part and replaced it with something shorter. I get this message when I try to save: Please correct the following errors before continuing:
  • You cannot update your signature because it is too long. The maximum length for signatures is 255 characters.

• Please remove 229 characters and try again.
    That can't possibly be right. Can anyone help me? Please

I keep messing with it to see what will work. What you see below is all it will allow. If that's 255 characters, I need someone to teach me how to count again.
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

Welcome to the "new and improved" BFT website. I got that same message, when I tried copying and pasting my new signature (and the signature was way shorten than what is allowed). I then just tried typing the signature and that worked.
Craig,  did your old signature have anything other than letters......like >>>>>>   <<<<<<<<   or other special characters ?  Got to make sure the entire previous signature gets deleted. Sometimes in may get accidently pushed onto a second line, that may be out of your vision on the screen.

(12-07-2020, 07:21 PM)catchinon Wrote: So I'm trying to change my signature. I deleted the text part and replaced it with something shorter. I get this message when I try to save: Please correct the following errors before continuing:
  • You cannot update your signature because it is too long. The maximum length for signatures is 255 characters.

• Please remove 229 characters and try again.
    That can't possibly be right. Can anyone help me? Please

I keep messing with it to see what will work. What you see below is all it will allow. If that's 255 characters, I need someone to teach me how to count again.

This is what is showing on all your other posts. Isn't that what you want? 

"keep in mind that the purpose of [b]freedom is to create it for others." 

[/b]
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
Kent, I remembered that somewhere during the prossess; that's how I got that much in.

Forest, I need to add to that. I want to credit the source and maybe add a few little fishies.
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

Craig, Don't know for sure, but sometimes blanks may be counted as part of your character count... I'd delete the whole thing including holding down the delete keep after everything appears to be gone and give it time to clear any blanks... Then start over and retype it... good luck.. Jeff
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
Thank you, Jeff "Mr. Fixit" W. That seems to have been what I needed to do.