Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vacuum Sealer for Fish & Game
I've been looking for a good quality vacuum sealer and right now I'm between a weston 65 and a fish and game sealer. They both appear to not have a problem vacuum sealing fish which is my primary concern. My cheap amazon vacuum sealer did not last long at all and I was told I was supposed to freeze fish before I seal it. That was not an answer I liked so I'm not buying another one.

The weston is way more expensive than the fish and game sealer, and the fish and game sealer can run on battery or wall outlet. This is great for us because we are always going on hunting and fishing trips where we may or may not have power...but it's not a deal breaker by any means. 

What do you guys think? Which would you go for or do you have another vacuum sealer you really like?
When I was searching for a vacuum sealer I did a lot of checking of ratings online. I found that some vacuum sealers sounded great but one had to wait a few minutes between each vacuum seal and that was definitely not what I wanted to do. I ended up getting a Food Saver GameSaver Pro (I lucked out and found one on KSL, at a greatly reduced price).
(11-16-2020, 03:58 AM)kentofnsl Wrote: When I was searching for a vacuum sealer I did a lot of checking of ratings online.  I found that some vacuum sealers sounded great but one had to wait a few minutes between each vacuum seal and that was definitely not what I wanted to do.  I ended up getting a Food Saver GameSaver Pro (I lucked out and found one on KSL, at a greatly reduced price).

thanks for the feedback. I ended up buying the fish and game sealer. My extended family was vacuum sealing 200 lbs of deer sausage / chili yesterday so I took it over to test it out and it did very well. I didn't have any problems with it and the seal worked fine. We ran out of electrical outlets because they had a bunch of other processing equipment going, so I actually ended up switching off the wall outlet and hooked it up to a 12V battery. This will be huge for me when I take it fishing because the cleaning stations almost never have outlets.