Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mackay Good to Go!
Got to Mackay before light.  No snow on ice so waited till light.  Drilled on edge, six inches of good ice.  Had my limit of trout in 45 minutes,  limits of koks and headed off ice by 10.45.  Got a 11 inch perch which was odd and a nice 14 inch brookie too. Ice started to sing and was pretty creepy seeing cracks appear under your feet when walking off.  Was crazy for a bit, would say we had over a thousands koks under hole was jigging them an had one fly right out of hole and land at my feet.  What a blast. Not those big ones like last couple year but bigger than those skinny snakes in years past.  Just got the one picture.   Happy fishing 2![Image: 20201205-103552.jpg]
(12-10-2020, 05:16 PM)Tazasorus Wrote: Got to Mackay before light.  No snow on ice so waited till light.  Drilled on edge, six inches of good ice.  Had my limit of trout in 45 minutes,  limits of koks and headed off ice by 10.45.  Got a 11 inch perch which was odd and a nice 14 inch brookie too. Ice started to sing and was pretty creepy seeing cracks appear under your feet when walking off.  Was crazy for a bit, would say we had over a thousands koks under hole was jigging them an had one fly right out of hole and land at my feet.  What a blast. Not those big ones like last couple year but bigger than those skinny snakes in years past.  Just got the one picture.   Happy fishing 2![Image: 20201205-103552.jpg]
Thanks for the post.  Good news you have such a blast!
Nice, I'll be heading that way soon.
Thanks for the report, I'm excited to get there the week after Christmas. Where did you get on, at the campground or the second launch?
(12-10-2020, 11:59 PM)obifishkenobi Wrote: Thanks for the report, I'm excited to get there the week after Christmas. Where did you get on, at the campground or the second launch?
Second launch.  Water a whole lot lower than last year.  I was fishing in 26 feet last year.  Same spot right now was 12.5

I made a white wine, maple syrup, brown sugar, mustard, sea salt, black pepper, and red pepper flakes recipe. Smoked them. Like eating fish candy. Scaled them all so u could eat skins and all. It was a fish frenzy!
Cool report. Love the ice on Mackay!