Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ice Fishing Trip To Mantua
I am going to Mantua Reservoir on Saturday from dusk until dawn, and I was wondering if anybody would like to join me at any point during Saturday.
I'm going tomorrow of you want to meet up!
P.s. dusk till dawn would be a night trip, dawn till dusk would be a day trip ?
(12-11-2020, 04:13 AM)Fritzfishin Wrote: I'm going tomorrow of you want to meet up! 
I wish I could but I have to work. Oh yes that is what I meant my bad
(12-11-2020, 04:57 AM)bblake98 Wrote:
(12-11-2020, 04:13 AM)Fritzfishin Wrote: I'm going tomorrow of you want to meet up! 
I wish I could but I have to work. Oh yes that is what I meant my bad
  That's where I'll be heading, Blake. Trying to get out early.  Where shall I meet you?
Well Springbuck I've never been to Mantua ice fishing, so where do you think would be best to meet up? And what time are you planning on being there?
I went up this morning. Went out about 150yd in 12.5 fow. Caught 2 bows and 2 perch on jig w/worm and 1 perch on perch eye in an hour and a half. Moved 30 feet farther out, still 12.5ft but started catching good sized perch. Iced another 15  perch (almost all on perch eye on white tungsten jig bouncing off bottom) in an hour before calling it quits. Threw back several. Light snow falling when I left. Ice was 4" thick and clear where I fished, so avoid large groups tomorrow.

Amazing how a small 30ft move can make such a big difference.
Good fishing to all.   Hue
(12-11-2020, 06:12 PM)BURLEY Wrote: I went up this morning. Went out about 150yd in 12.5 fow. Caught 2 bows and 2 perch on jig w/worm and 1 perch on perch eye in an hour and a half. Moved 30 feet farther out, still 12.5ft but started catching good sized perch. Iced another 15  perch (almost all on perch eye on white tungsten jig bouncing off bottom) in an hour before calling it quits. Threw back several. Light snow falling when I left. Ice was 4" thick and clear where I fished, so avoid large groups tomorrow.

Amazing how a small 30ft move can make such a big difference.
Ya man!  The old timers say to move until you find fish, and if you don't get bit in five minutes, move. 
My problem is like what you did; catch enough fish or get just enough bites to keep you in one place too long, trying to make it work.

(12-11-2020, 06:12 PM)BURLEY Wrote:
[quote='bblake98' pid='1108683' dateline='1607709333']
Well Springbuck I've never been to Mantua ice fishing, so where do you think would be best to meet up? And what time are you planning on being there?
PM sent.