Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking for safe ice.
My wife and I want to hit the ice this weekend. Looking for something safe as close to Ogden as possible. Was considering mantua. My concern is I'm 300 plus pounds. Am I going to be safe out there? Anyone have any suggestions?
(12-11-2020, 07:49 PM)lucky_water_nut Wrote: My wife and I want to hit the ice this weekend. Looking for something safe as close to Ogden as possible. Was considering mantua. My concern is I'm 300 plus pounds. Am I going to be safe out there? Anyone have any suggestions?
I preface by saying everyone is responsible for there own safety, but I spent the day out there yesterday and can say there is over 4" of solid clear ice, the best edges for getting on is where the beach transitions to weeds south of the boat ramp. Another concern is there is no snow on the ice and it is very slick, I suggest the use of ice cleats. There are lots of people out there ice skating and fishing, so there are people near by if something where to happen.
(12-11-2020, 08:19 PM)obifishkenobi Wrote:
(12-11-2020, 07:49 PM)lucky_water_nut Wrote: My wife and I want to hit the ice this weekend. Looking for something safe as close to Ogden as possible. Was considering mantua. My concern is I'm 300 plus pounds. Am I going to be safe out there? Anyone have any suggestions?
I preface by saying everyone is responsible for there own safety, but I spent the day out there yesterday and can say there is over 4" of solid clear ice, the best edges for getting on is where the beach transitions to weeds south of the boat ramp. Another concern is there is no snow on the ice and it is very slick, I suggest the use of ice cleats. There are lots of people out there ice skating and fishing, so there are people near by if something where to happen.
I have fished 4 in before so that seems fine I appreciate your input. I will try and post results as we get some.