Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mantua/utah lake 12-11-2020
Left grantsville to hit Mantua at 5am this morning
Got there it was still dark, didn't know where to go as I never really fish there..
Tried 19' fow straight out from the boat dock, 0 fish,  moved in till I found the ledge, was right by shore dropping from. 10-17feet, caught about 8 perch and 3 trout right there, after about 25 holes and moving all over I ventured out to join the 30 or so people fishing out in the open lake... figured maybe they were on to something?? Needless to say they were just getting a fish here and there it seemed. Anyways way to slow action for me so I loaded up and hauled back to my country (utah lake) went to Saratoga Park marina the public one at pelican point... ended up with a few good perch seems most the perch moved out. About 3" of ice, a couple of my fellow soy sauce bucket brothers out there... (im not Asian) ended up with probably 80-100 white bass kept about 30-35 for tacos tomorrow. Got them all cleaned up and a couple fish for the ice contest!  And I probably won't be back to Mantua for another few years  ?[Image: 20201211-164053.jpg][Image: 20201211-122859.jpg]
Great report! I was thinking of checking out Saratoga spring tomorrow morning. Good to know the conditions. Thank you!
I was out on the ice.. its thin but I felt pretty safe and I weight about 170 (plus a #80 bag of concrete)
Nice report, I ended up at Scofield much later than I wanted. Fishing was hot for the first hour, then it was hot off and on for the next 2. Hoping to find some perch tomorrow, wish I could have met up with you today.
Curious - are you using standard WB jigs? Anything work better than the next. I'd love to get some fish tacos in the near future. And 've never caught WB thru the ice.
1.5" & 2.5" white or predator cutter bugs definitely seemed to outfish the other baits in the water.
Mantua Saturday about 10 am lots of tents and people. Good ice and cold wind. Some trout caught by the boat ramp. But better perch out in the middle.
[Image: 20201212-111619.jpg]