Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Echo ice check and a few fish
Well, I took an hour to check out Echo this morning. Ice is clear and slick and 4 inches near the boat ramp. I used my spud bar and checked my paths out as far as 100 yards. I found 24 ft of water out there. I did catch a few perch and missed one good mystery hit in 17 ft. The perch were tiny from 5 inches up to a 10 incher. I also marked trout suspended in the water column. I can only speculate the kind of fish it was that I missed, but it sure seemed to be my favorite species, the walleye, but I will never know until I bring it up through the ice.  It is extremely slick out there so some type of grip is recommended. With the approaching storms, I would suspect the ice walking to be much better. Always check your path out to make sure you are confident on the ice you are standing on. The ice felt much stronger than the ice at Mantua that I was on Wednesday morning. The perch at Mantua were larger on average.
Gabe
Glad to hear it’s getting thicker on Echo. Looking forward to fishing it later this month.