Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kanab Utah Trout Fishing?
I’m gonna be in kanab Utah Dec 25-1. I’ve done a ton of research into local trout rivers nearby and it doesn’t seem like there are many, which is why I need some help from local knowledge. I’m looking for any river that’ll produce some action in late December. I won’t be bringing waders either so the tinier the river the better. Any recommendations are greatly appreciated. My target species is cutthroat but it’s not essential because I mainly just wanna be out fly fishing. 

Thanks

CW
You could try the Sevier river about 25 miles south on 89 but you may have to deal with anchor ice. It's mostly browns, rainbows and mountain whitefish.
the Sevier would be NORTH of kanab. Wink

The virgin river should have some trout - but you'll have a lot of private land to deal with. I honestly can't recommend fishing it, even up high.

Really, there just aren't any rivers near Kanab, except the Sevier. Your other option would be to go East and try Lee's Ferry (Colorado River).
Oh hell, good catch pbh. South you probably have to go to Lee's ferry. I haven't heard too much positive about it recently.
just go fish jackson flat res. it has trout init