Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fish Lake Update 12/13
Went up to Fish Lake today to take a look after fishing Mills. The lake still has a while to go before it will cap. Marinas have some ice but main lake still open.[Image: 20201213-160536.jpg]
So are you saying it isn't quite ready for ice fishing?
Yes. Still has a while to go before fishable. Usual after first of Jan. Had a few members asking if it was capped yet.
Thanks for the update
Wink 
(12-14-2020, 01:25 AM)kentofnsl Wrote: So are you saying it isn't quite ready for ice fishing?

?

Looks fishable to me.  Wink

Just need some calm nights.  My prediction is two more weeks.  Smile
(12-14-2020, 04:49 PM)PBH Wrote:
(12-14-2020, 01:25 AM)kentofnsl Wrote: So are you saying it isn't quite ready for ice fishing?

?

Looks fishable to me.  Wink

Just need some calm nights.  My prediction is two more weeks.  Smile
Lol

I suppose anything is "fishable". Heck I can duct tape 100 rubber duckies to my butt and wander out on 1/2 crust. Now what I could do  and what I will do,  are quite different matters.
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
Now that is something I would like to see. CBP there is the theme for your next pirate adventure. The pristine surrounding of Fish Lake with you in your rubber duckie float tube slaying the hoards of perch in the weedline.
(12-14-2020, 04:58 PM)Cowboypirate Wrote: Heck I can duct tape 100 rubber duckies to my butt and wander out on 1/2 crust. Now what I could do  and what I will do,  are quite different matters.

I would pay good money to see that sight! Wink   Let us know when you are going to do it.
he said the marinas are frozen....

it wouldn't be the first time I've drilled holes in the main Lodge marina prior to New Year's Day...
PBH, I appreciate your insight and reports. And I like your sardonic wit (you too, Kent). Can't always tell for sure when you are serious and when you are poking fun. Keep the reports coming and let's hope we can keep everyone safe when it finally is safe to go there.
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

(12-15-2020, 06:05 PM)catchinon Wrote: PBH, I appreciate your insight and reports. And I like your sardonic wit (you too, Kent). Can't always tell for sure when you are serious and when you are poking fun. Keep the reports coming and let's hope we can keep everyone safe when it finally is safe to go there.

Craig, like I always told my mom...about the only time I am really serious is if someone ate all the chocolate chip cookies - and that, my friend, is fighting time...
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
Ran by Fish Lake this afternoon it was 38 degrees up there and from Lake Shore Marina north the lake is all open water.
to be honest, I don't know why you guys are even checking. We still have another week before she'll cap.
My four year old keeps thinking every day that the next day is Christmas, too. It's okay to get excited but it will happen in its own due time.
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.