Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Birch Creek 12/11 UL 12/12 - 12/13
Headed up to Birch Creek on Friday. Pulled my sled up the steep dam and saw 4 other groups fishing on the lake. We set up just north of the damn near the just before the long cove. Ice was 11 inches and it groaned a lot but I felt plenty safe. Fished for about 5 hrs. caught numerous planter bows. Nothing massive, but all good sizes. The fishing was hot until about 11am and then it slowed down, but we still had schools of trout come around and were able to catch fish up until we left. Most fish were caught with a tungsten jig with a mealworm or wax worm, but was also able to catch them on plastics and ice flies.

Fished Saratoga Springs Marina Saturday and Sunday morning. Lots of people both days braving the extreme cold to catch White Bass and Perch. Ice was about 3 inches. Everyone seems to be catching them no matter where they were. Caught a bunch using meals worms, but then my hands got too cold replacing bait, so I switched to a small plastic and the fish didn't seem to care. Caught 8 to bring home, and probably put another 50+ back.