Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flaming Gorge First Visit
Sorry, I think I posted this in the wrong forum originally.  I meant to post in the general forum.  Anyway here we go.

My wife and I will be making our first trip to Flaming Gorge this spring(May2020?) I was hoping someone would provide me with some general knowledge.  I am overwhelmed with all the basics I need to pull this trip off. My first concern before I can really start planning this process is deciding what month and which week to fish for lake trout? My next concern is what arrangements (special permits, fees?) do I need to have in place to launch my Colorado boat on Flaming Gorge. My first thought is that we will be staying in Manila and launching out of Lucerene Valley Marina. I do know that I will require a fishing license and second rod stamp from both Utah and Wyoming. Unless I can talk my wife into fishing I do not have to worry about licenses for her. I have spent the last couple of months researching everything I can get my hands on off the internet but still have not found the information that makes me feel comfortable about this trip. I have already ordered several lake maps in order to at least have a general idea where we are fishing.  From what I have gathered on the internet I assume we will be spending the majority of my time searching for lake trout around the Lucerene, Atelope Flats and Pipeline areas.  I have a 17ft Tracker boat with electronics and gear that I use to fish lake trout in Colorado.  I prefer to jig for these wonderful fish and I am not setup to troll. I am most certainly not asking for anyone to share there secret spots for lake trout, but just hoping for a starting point and any other requirements I may have not even considered before heading out on this trip.

Can anyone on this site respond or point me in the right direction to get some general help?

I will be grateful for any tips and advice that anyone is willing to offer.

Thanks, Hail2dskins
PM me and I will try to help. You have enough questions it would be easier to exchange that much info via email, but I don't want ya to post your email on the main board.

Cheers
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
Wonder if titling the post Flaming gorge first time might get you more folks to respond... J
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
(12-14-2020, 10:09 PM)SkunkedAgain Wrote: Wonder if titling the post Flaming gorge first time might get you more folks to respond... J
Thanks for the suggestion.