Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
City of Echo
Judging by the numbers out on echo this last weekend it won’t be long before the fish ecosystem is severely depleted as the last few years the lake has been getting hammered with folks. We headed out on Sunday arriving just before sunrise. Found a spot in 18 feet of water and in 5 hours of fishing caught 30 perch and missed 2 trout. 25 or so of the perch caught were in the 3-5 inch range but I did manage to pull in the last big momma perch left in the lake! A personal best 14” Tank! [Image: F55-B02-C5-C45-D-439-C-915-F-1-B9-FDA2-DEE44.jpg]
nice looking perch! A few of us found some of those jumbos last ice season as well.
heck yeah man thats a dandy! now to catch me one for the ice contest!!
Nice jumbo perch there.
I saw your entry on the ice contest.  That is a toad!  Congrats on a huge perch!
Good one! We hadn't heard from you for so long I was afraid you hadn't made the leap to the redone site. That 14"er will be virtually impossible to top in the Panfish category, not that we won't all be trying. Congrats on posting the first really great fish in the contest.
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

(12-15-2020, 06:31 PM)catchinon Wrote: Good one! We hadn't heard from you for so long I was afraid you hadn't made the leap to the redone site. That 14"er will be virtually impossible to top in the Panfish category, not that we won't all be trying. Congrats on posting the first really great fish in the contest.

Yes sorry I haven’t been super active I’m still getting over selling my boat but Ice fishing season is really my true love! I hope to hit some new lakes this year and expand my species!! And I was thrilled to start the season off with a personal best!! So cool!
(12-14-2020, 08:08 PM)T-Boz Wrote: Judging by the numbers out on echo this last weekend it won’t be long before the fish ecosystem is severely depleted as the last few years the lake has been getting hammered with folks. We headed out on Sunday arriving just before sunrise. Found a spot in 18 feet of water and in 5 hours of fishing caught 30 perch and missed 2 trout. 25 or so of the perch caught were in the 3-5 inch range but I did manage to pull in the last big momma perch left in the lake! A personal best 14” Tank! [Image: F55-B02-C5-C45-D-439-C-915-F-1-B9-FDA2-DEE44.jpg]
 Great fish. Congrats
(12-15-2020, 11:10 PM)EyLayo Wrote:
(12-14-2020, 08:08 PM)T-Boz Wrote: Judging by the numbers out on echo this last weekend it won’t be long before the fish ecosystem is severely depleted as the last few years the lake has been getting hammered with folks. We headed out on Sunday arriving just before sunrise. Found a spot in 18 feet of water and in 5 hours of fishing caught 30 perch and missed 2 trout. 25 or so of the perch caught were in the 3-5 inch range but I did manage to pull in the last big momma perch left in the lake! A personal best 14” Tank! [Image: F55-B02-C5-C45-D-439-C-915-F-1-B9-FDA2-DEE44.jpg]
 Great fish. Congrats
Thank you!!
So jealous of that tank!!
Hey T-Boz, we have decided to emphasize fishing new places this year. Let me know if you want to hook up for some new adventures somewhere.
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

(12-18-2020, 08:07 PM)catchinon Wrote: Hey T-Boz, we have decided to emphasize fishing new places this year. Let me know if you want to hook up for some new adventures somewhere.

hey that sounds great I’m always looking to expand my species and I’m usually a tuesday/Thursday fisherman when I can talk my folks into watching the kids! Thanks for reaching out!!
Weekdays work well for me with a little advance notice. My brother, joatmon, and I usually go somewhere on Saturdays.

P.S. I have a 4 yo now and would be interested in fishing with you and others who have kids sometime. Where do you live?

(12-19-2020, 05:14 PM)catchinon Wrote: Weekdays work well for me with a little advance notice. My brother, joatmon, and I usually go somewhere on Saturdays.

P.S. I have a 4 yo now and would be interested in fishing with you and others who have kids sometime. Where do you live?
 I have to work every other weekend so I don’t get too many fishing weekends and I’m not sure when I’ll get my 4 year old out on the ice, she did great on the boat but maybe on warm weather ice days I’ll give that a try. I live in wanship so echo and rockport are my go to’s