Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Utah Lake Ice Fishing Report 12/12/20
This video is filmed at Utah Lake. Me, my dad and my friend, went to the Saratoga Springs marina and found some ice! There was 3-4 inches of safe ice, At the and of the day, we had caught OVER 200 Fish

We were using a lot of things (the fish were biting EVERYTHING!) But the lure that did the best were curly tall grubs on jig heads of all sizes and color, We started tipping them with worms and white bass eyes, but it was not necessary

We checked some other places but Saratoga springs was the only one with really safe ice. 

Video Link: https://youtu.be/z3y-Fj_5qvQ

Attached Files Image(s)

Why do I like fishing so much? The same reason why you like breathing so much, It keeps me alive.
Glad you got to fillet all those and not me. But would be fun catching them. Congrats
(12-15-2020, 05:07 PM)Bovineowner Wrote: Glad you got to fillet all those and not me. But would be fun catching them. Congrats
Yeah it was a MESS Mom banned white bass from the house for a year!
Why do I like fishing so much? The same reason why you like breathing so much, It keeps me alive.
Sure has been some good reports from UL this winter. Thanks for sharing

I should have added... I love watching local youtubers, share their experince. The Wookie heard you say fish on and jumped from his chair to see where the fish was.
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
(12-15-2020, 05:30 PM)Cowboypirate Wrote: Sure has been some good reports from UL this winter. Thanks for sharing

I should have added... I love watching local youtubers, share their experience. The Wookie heard you say fish on and jumped from his chair to see where the fish was.
That is AWESOME Tell the Wookie I said hi! Thanks for watching and I'm glad you enjoyed!
(12-15-2020, 05:04 PM)Backyard Boy T.V. Wrote: This video is filmed at Utah Lake. Me, my dad and my friend, went to the Saratoga Springs marina and found some ice! There was 3-4 inches of safe ice, At the and of the day, we had caught OVER 200 Fish

We were using a lot of things (the fish were biting EVERYTHING!) But the lure that did the best were curly tall grubs on jig heads of all sizes and color, We started tipping them with worms and white bass eyes, but it was not necessary

We checked some other places but Saratoga springs was the only one with really safe ice. 

Can anyone access the saratoga marina or is it private? Thanks
(12-21-2020, 07:13 PM)richyy31 Wrote:
(12-15-2020, 05:04 PM)Backyard Boy T.V. Wrote: This video is filmed at Utah Lake. Me, my dad and my friend, went to the Saratoga Springs marina and found some ice! There was 3-4 inches of safe ice, At the and of the day, we had caught OVER 200 Fish

Can anyone access the saratoga marina or is it private? Thanks
There are actually two harbors at Saratoga Springs.  The one for the community is private...members only.  The one at PelicanBay is open to the public...and no fee for vehicles without boat trailers.
[Image: PELICAN-BAY-ACCESS.jpg][Image: PELICAN-BAY-MARINA.jpg]
do you guys ever bleed out your white bass? I cut the gills on mine that last trip I went on and I definitely think it made the fillets better.