Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Echo 12/17
Long time lurker first time posting . You guys have some great info especially for perch. They are one of my favorite fish to catch and eat. I went to echo today and brought home 25 little ones I've was 6 inches and I fished in 25fow saw some interesting marks on my graph big schools at about 15ft and then saw a dead wiper on the shore by the truck dose anyone know if the dwr planted them?
Not seeing anything on the DWR website about them stocking wipers. 
How thick was the ice?
(12-18-2020, 02:25 AM)bub man Wrote: Long time lurker first time posting . You guys have some great info especially for perch. They are one of my favorite fish to catch and eat. I went to echo today and brought home 25 little ones I've was 6 inches and I fished in 25fow saw some interesting marks on my graph big schools at about 15ft and then saw a dead wiper on the shore by the truck dose anyone know if the dwr planted them?
The suspended fish could have been crappie, or trout most likely. Not too many have caught crappie from Echo, but I luckily got into a nice batch two summers ago. I haven't heard of wipers being planted there.
Gabe
The ice was 6 inches thick . Maybe crappie but I don't think trout they were big schools looked like stripers at powell
Welcoume to the site and thanks for the report.  I was up there in late simmer and there were big pods of carp all over the lake.  Might be carp.
Definitely think it was schools of carp but could of been walleye?