Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Grantsville res 12-18-2020
Ventured over to grantsville res this morning, 3" of fairly solid black ice, minus the .25" of frozen rain on it from yesterday that was slightly slushy, got 4 bows through the hole 1 brown lost at the hole and several other bows lost at the hole. They were hitting very soft seemed a chrome jigging spoon was best caught the brown and a couple bows on a 1.5" cutterbug, fish were 10' fow or less within inches if the bottom.... dwr was there 8 trucks one chopper catching deer and letting them go with new neck wear was fun to watch. No bows big enough to bump my score but only 5 minutes from the house so I had to try!![Image: 20201218-084418.jpg][Image: 20201218-092735.jpg]

[Image: 35796.jpg]
Nice! I live in Stansbury Park and have been wanting to get back out there soon. Last time I went about a month ago it was 25 degrees and had about 15-20 mph winds but I still managed to get several rainbows.
Nice! I'm hoping for a big brown or a smallmouth through the ice! Have you punched a hole through settlement to see the thickness?
I drove up to Settlement a few weeks ago and there was a lot of open water. I haven't been there recently though. 

Have you caught any smallmouth at Grantsville recently? I read about them being there awhile ago but wasn't sure if there were many left. A big brown would be sweet too!
Yeah I caught quite a few this summer and fall but never one through the ice... but like the wiper in settlement.... they're in there and they still gotta eat....
My boys needed out of the house this morning and I drove out to Settlement. There were quite a few people ice fishing out there. Hopefully I can make it out sometime this week.
how was the fishing on settlement? friday at grantsville i caught a few, i fished last night (sunday night) before dark from about 3-5 and only caught one.
I didn't fish it at all yesterday. Just drove by real quick.